Worsening symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Back aga

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, Maryterese, I think we are given a LOT of support on this forum by others.  Unfortunately, about 8 years ago, I was incorrectly diagnosed as having asthma (it was just a guess by my GP at the time).  NOW with my current GP, he jumped REAL quick to have me get a CT scan and refer me to a pulmonary doctor.  When I was correctly diagnosed with COPD, I was already at Stage 2.  I think we all have to think positive thoughts about ourselves AND each other......that will keep us strong.  Please keep in touch with us!  smile
    • Posted

Yes, that is very true. Sorry you were diagnosed a bit late! Mine is a bit early but I am interested in the next spirometry, not for four months!

I did go back to smoking a bit and not sure that will help!!

Support is great in this group. I feel very fortunate. 😍

• Posted

Maryterese.......I just saw your response to Brenda about sleep apnea.  My husband (73), like most men felt he was indestructible; however his most recent (Jan. 2015) EKG during annual physical showed a slight irregularity.  He did an overnight oxy test which showed our GP that my husband should have the overnight sleep apnea test.  Long story short......yes, he does wear the mask during the night; however, he no longer snores, does not stop breathing during sleep, and has stopped his restless leg syndrome.  There is really nothing to fear about the sleep apnea test NOR wearing the mask.  My "tough" husband will now admit to everyone how much the CPAP has helped him.  I know it is tough, especially since you are alone, to accept and register these things but you might find it a blessing if you DO have to wear a CPAP.  Let us know.  Hugs and hugs to you!!!
    • Posted

Wow, that is interleaving. Glad it has helped him! I don't know what will happen but I will let you know. I do fear that mask but maybe the ixygen helps all around?

Hugs and hugs to you 💐💐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.