worst anxiety attack in a long time

Posted , 7 users are following.

Having the worst anxiety attack that I've had in years ...awake all night with racing heart, shaky inside, sweaty palms and feet hot flushing all over the place ...all stemming from an upset stomach that won't go away .my legs feel like jelly will these ever stop ...haven't had an attack like this in a few years....,😢

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I get these attack now and again, it's very scary as it feels my heart is stopping, I had to attend A&e a few times late at night because of this. I also get very bad stomach upset, nausea, headache. The list goes on and on.

• Posted

Not sure if it will help you but it did me. I went on bioidentical progesterone cream and I also use essential oils. I still have bad days but they could be so much worse. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

I too have had a stomach upset on and off for the past 3 weeks not sure if its the medication or the sage and black cosh ive started to take. or its the menopause. Im more exhausted with lack of sleep cos of the hot flushes and night sweats. Bloody nightmarebeing a woman isnt it.
  • Posted

i get like this too. i actually posted on it today. its horrible. last week i was a mess. past 2 days i put a cool rag behind my neck to bring body temp down and put a fan on me. i read that helps. it does help with reducing length of hot flash and for anxiety i have beem cutting a .25 mg xanax in half to take edge off. and i was able to get kids to school this week for 1st time in a week. mine are like clockwork and start at 5 am.

hope u feel better soon

• Posted

hi.  the anxiety is coming from your tummy upset.  I was told this and once I got my digestion sorted, the anxiety sorted itself.   Just keep watching what you eat.  I cut out dairy which was horrible for me because I like dairy, but I am bringing it back in slowly now after a month.  This and gluten.  And, I am so much better, anxiety-wise.  It is difficult to make these changes but so much better than crazy anxiety attacks like yours.  If you haven't had one in a few years, just think back on what you've been eating/drinking over the last few months.  It is most likely, like me, digestive problems building up over time.  I really hope this helps you a little.

• Posted

Hi Paisleygirl. I would definitely get a doctor's appointment and explain what's been going on. An upset stomach that won't go away, etc. may well have an underlying medical cause that needs to be diagnosed and treated. I think sometimes we women tend to blame everything on menopause, which is understandable since it DOES seem to mess everything up! But it's scary to think we may be wrong sometimes in that assumption and overlooking our own basic medical care.

After ruling that out and seeing if the doctor has any additional ideas, plenty of good thoughts here, I think. I especially like metamorphed's thoughts on paying attention to what you eat (maybe even keeping a food diary for a while). I find that with a few years on, my system is more sensitive to things that never used to bother me, like too much caffeine or fat. Best wishes. I know it sucks!

• Posted

Thanks everyone this was,a,gastritis flare up from not being careful and drinking coffee on an empty stomach too many times, then eating spicy pizza the tummy is finally calming down and I have learned the very valuable lesson that I can't eat the way I used to ..I have got to pay attention to what I'm doing...its,weird how the tummy and anxiety are linked. I also suffer from generalized anxiety that started in my perimenopause phase so it doesn't take much to set it off sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.