Worst flare up from having fibro

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I don't no what to do I'm having the worst flare up ever from havin fibro. I had the flu last week and took 2 days off at the end of the week as my body just gave in. I went back to work today I work in a primary school as a Teaching assistant. I came hme and went straight to my bed with the electric blanket in its highest. Had a nap for a hour when I got up I couldn't move my arms legs and hands. I'm so sore u couldn't even eat my dinner. I don't know to call the principal and tell her I need another few days or to go to the out our hours doctor.

Can someone please help? Xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi smc187. I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering so much at the moment. You need to go to the out of hours Doctor for 2 reasons. To get checked over and a sick note and for your peace of mind. Your body needs rest and if I was you I'd take a couple of days off. Good luck xxx
  • Posted

Hello sec I'm so sorry your having such a bad flare. What I do wen I have them is to have a really long soak in a hot bath, very slowly get out and dry off, take any extra meds that I can, put clean pyjamas on and hunker down in bed till it eventually passes. It's awful I know but if like me you get very cold to your bones you must keep warm but have the room well ventilated. It sounds like you really need to have the rest of the week off and in bed til you start to feel a bit better. If you'd like to have a private chat let me know. Gentle hugs to you. Alex.
  • Posted

Thanks for your replays I really appreciate it. I had to get my mummy to lift me out of the bath. It's more annoying the doctor made me come down from maxi team 50mg to co codomal 15/500 n there just not doing it. Thank us again xxx
    • Posted

Do you not have any of the other tablets you could take just for a day or 2 to help. You need to rest up in the warm and try to sleep as much as you can to let your body slowly get over this hurdle. Very gentle hugs. Alex
    • Posted

No that's all I have now because I have asthma and the anti inflammatory kept triggering asthma attacks. I'm struggling with this i have my cbt tomorrow nite and i don't know if I can make it if I'm like this. Thank u so much for you listening xxx
  • Posted

Poor you. Look after yourself. I had a flare after flu too. Listen to your body and learn to say no.  As hard as it is and as much as we hate to let people down we occasionally have to put ourselves first.  Speak to the doctor, they may be able to prescribe something for you to help you through the worst. Fibro affects us all differently it's a case of trial and error for all of us.  Take care and keep warm.
    • Posted

My mummys goin to ring first thing in the morning to see if I can get seen feel like a little kid. Yeah that's the eorst letting people down which them feeds the anxiety

Thank u for ur advice xx

• Posted

We all need our Mums.  Mine is brilliant at taking care of the ironing for me and doing the odd bit of shopping. I used to feel terrible for relying on her but negative thoughts of guilt won't help and the love and care of our families keep us going. If the boot were on the other foot we would be helping out without a second thought.  Put all your thoughts and efforts into getting through the flare.
    • Posted

Yeah ur right there maggers. Both my mum n dad are 1 in a million and also my sister and partner. It helps to have people who love and support no madder what. But it's also Gd to have this online community u all are well thought of. Gentle hugs xxx
  • Posted

Hi smc187 unfortunatly for us when are unwell with an illness eg flu sickness bug. I have found personally that fibro makes it 10x worse and it takes us longer to get over.. I had a chat to my gp about it as I had been ill with a sickness bug at christmas it took me a month to get over. The dr said it was down to fibro making it worse. I would explain to the principle how your feeling and see if you can have some more time off to recover. You could see your gp but its fibro that makes everything worse.take care 
    • Posted

Thank u all so much I'm just back from the doctors she has given me a sick line for a week. I was reluctant to take it but I need it. You all helped me make this decision thank u all again xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.