Worst night so far

Posted , 10 users are following.

i am so tired but just can't sleep have taken all my medication can't get comfortable my leg feels restless have to keep getting up to the toilet because of this urine infection hope antibiotics kick in soon going to be a long night 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I know sleep is an issue. If you can't sleep get out of bed and try doing something to take your mind off how uncomfortable you are. I know it's easier said than done. Feel better soon.
  • Posted

You are not alone in this no sleep business. It's the hardest thing - going back to routine helps getting ready, warm milky drink etc telling brain it's time and using some relaxation techniques has helped me. Still struggle but improving every week.
  • Posted

Once you have infection under control you will feel a bit better.  First day is always worse. Xx
  • Posted

Big exhale...I remember those nights all too well. And just as I was doing better, I had an umbilical hernia and went back into the hospital. But know that there is hope at the end of this. I think it's fair to say that for most of us it took so much longer than we anticipated. At 5.5 weeks, I'm finally able to see that it's going to be okay and wasn't a bad decision...because really, who could continue with that pain, something had to change. Let people know you aren't sleeping well and that you are going to be cranky. A warning is always helpful. Praying that urinary infection is soon under control and at least your bladder is no longer causing problems.
  • Posted

Lack of sleep is definitely the worst. I'm still struggling with that 7 weeks in!!! Hopefully will get better as time goes on! 😴😴
  • Posted

I can recommend an antibIotic called (over here) fosfomicina trometamol  One sachet and it usually works within hours. Magic. . . .

For years they gave me  amoxycilina which you have to take for days, until the uroligist gave me these sachets . . If you get the problem again, you could mention it to you doc and see what he thinks. It's so much better than anything else I have ever had prescribed for cistitis and kidney infections.  

• Posted

every doctor has his favourite and usually aren't keen on patient input!!!  the advantage with the single dose antibiotic is that the results are usually within four to six hours, and the long term efficiency ( six weeks) is actually marginally better than the slower acting antibiotics which are more often prescribed. . .It's also active against staph infections, and e coli, which are the most likely in urine infections.   Hope yours clears up soon. . I know how deb

• Posted

debilitating it is, when sleep is already almost impossible, and haviong to go to the toilet all night makes it even more impossible!  sorry, the stupid thing suddenly loaded . . 
  • Posted

Things will improve. I found sleep really difficult to start with.

Do not give up.

Sarah

• Posted

4 weeks post op,(75 also T2 diabetic) second knee, I find sleeping horrendous as well. I can feel myself getting uptight about it as I know I won't manage more than 2 hours at the most.  Was thinking maybe I should try a memory foam toppper for the bed as people I have spoken to get a more comfortable nights sleep especially if they suffer back pain or athritis  Having a relaxing shower has helped me the last couple of nights but still sleep/nap in 2 hour sessions. Never been able to sleep/nap during the day either.
    • Posted

9 weeks post op and was the same until about 6 weeks post op. Now getting 5 hours and sometimes a few more. Getting a but more active and tired. I dont go to bed until I am dropping off. I put my pjs on about an hour before so my brain gets in gear. I ice and take painkillers about 30 mins before too - so hard to get comfortable those early days but it will get better - I hope for you and so will everything as lack of sleep effects mood and more sleep = better recovery. Even rest without sleep is still good. 
    • Posted

I have a memory foam mattress but found no difference in the early days Hazel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.