Worst symptom?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was just wondering if other anxiety sufferers could pin point their worst symptom of anxiety? Is there anything that makes you think 'if i didnt experince this certain symptom i think it would make me feel loads better'? For me, the depersonalisation is the up most worst for me. While driving my car, out of nowhere, i get the feeling what im doing isnt real, and that im not in control of my body, which then makes me think im going to crash my car. (its not just the car this happens to me, but the car is the most scariest situation) And thats where the other symptoms start feeding in, sweating, shaking, sick, etc I always wonder if i didnt suffer with depersonalisation that the anxiety wouldnt have anything to feed off? Just a thought, but would be really interested to hear what other people think about this.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Same here ! Mines is more of a derealization feeling. Honestly I learned to not be scared of my other symptoms but once DP/DR hits my anxiety starts going up
  • Posted

Mine is dizziness and feeling like I'll faint. I don't know why, but dizziness seems to be the trigger for the domino effect of other symptoms. Perhaps there's something else that's bringing on the anxiety, and dizziness is the first symptom it gives me. It really hinders driving, which ultimately leads to staying home more often or having someone else drive. The fear of dizziness make me not take needed medication, so it really does get in the way of treatment. As an example, I'm supposed to take meds for my stomach, but it might cause dizziness, so the medication has been sitting on a shelf for over a month.

• Posted

I actually was told by my doctor one time when i was scared of being dizzy that I should make myself dizzy. She told me to spin around in a chair to purposely get dizzy, so my mind would learn that it isn't dangerous (as long as you've been checked out by your doctor of course). Maybe worth a try, the more dizzy you make yourself, the more your mind will learn to ignore that symptom. It worked for me most of the time, now my meds make me dizzy and that's insanely annoying.

• Posted

You described me exactly!! I really think if I didn't get dizziness I wouldn't have anxiety!!! Random dizziness scares the crap out of me! 😱

• Posted

Same for me really. Accept mine is when I'm walking or just sitting down as I don't drive and don't go out much. Things feel unreal and I get a sort of miscommunication with my eyes as everything seems very distant or super close and then I feel my heart beat in every part of my body (which I know they say this means you have good circulation) but it's scary! I often feel sick and my body feels soft of limp like I cannot controll movements or speach. I often feel like I'm going to pass out with this also.

All of that along with stomach pains and head aches are for me my worst sympToms.

I wish I could offer advice. All I can do in those situations is try to focus fully on one thing and breath deeply and slowly.

They say with dissociation of the mind and body the. Best way to come round/handle it is to focus on the things you see, hear, feel and smell to bring your self back to the here and now

• Posted

Personally my one symptom that I could live without is the fast heartrate.. I'm terrified of heart attacks (i woke up one day suddenly terrified of all things heart related). If I didn't have any chest aches, palps or racing heartrate, my anxiety would literally be nonexistent. Its so annoying to know exactly what we want to change, yet we can't find a way to completely get rid of it. It seems like it should be so easy.. "Just stop thinking about it". I can't stand when people say that to me, but at the same time it's such common sense that that's exactly what I need to do. This post was a very good way to let everyone vent, good post!

• Posted

My worst is the fear of becoming crazy/ schizophrenic. I also get depersonalizeation, I've been having this fear for quite awhile. I realized I had this fear for months and I never became crazy. Anxiety does weird stuff to the body and mind. Just a matter dealing with it and understanding it. Just tell your self everything is going to be okay it's just anxiety. I find that the more I keep myself busy the less anxious I am. And I know what you are talking about when you are driving and you get that symptom it's scary as hell!

• Posted

i have anxiety attacks just about everyday. its hard. two of my favorite teachers know about it. one of them has anxitey attacks too we talk about it sometimes.
    • Posted

Most def the dizzy or cloudy feeling that def causes the rest. I don't know though I started with super weird head pressure, headaches, dizziness. So I think that's why it's the worst because that's where It all started. However when the head tumer fear has gone all the sudden right where I turned a corner and felt a lump in my throat when swallowing and two days later I went right back down the anxiety spiral and have been there a week now. To get back to discussion I think whichever symptom was worst when the anxiety first began Is going to be the worst for most people cause that often represents the scariest period in their life. Atleast IMO

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.