Worth going to the hospital? Vomiting everyday for a month

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is it an emergency if i am vomiting everyday? This has been happening for a month now, i've done some tests and they came back clear. Would the hospital be able to further investigate this and help find an answer quicker. Haven't been able to keep my mediction down recently and I am have withdrawl symtoms, can they find a different way to get them in my system? I am also concerned about dehydration.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I honestly dont have a clue

Other than start again xxxxxxx

New Doctor

• Posted

From my experience.. After my boyfriend kept getting dead ends with doctor appointments, he finally just went to the hospital. They immediately did a lot of blood tests and even a CT scan. They were able to rule out gallstones, cancer, and other problems just with those tests. Vomiting every day is pretty bad, like you said it can cause dehydration. I would go to the hospital. Not sure if it'll play out like it did with my boyfriend, but sounds better than waiting for doctor appointments. 

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your boyfriend's experience! Yes, I think it would be best if I go. Can i ask what it ended up being in your boyfriend's case?

• Posted

Hospitals have equipment that independent doctors don't have. They can diagnose and give you the correct treatment.

• Posted

Yes you need to go to a hospital. What's happening to you is not normal. May I ask what you are on meds for? Could the vomiting be a side effect of the meds? The hospital should be able to re-hydrate you and run further tests.  

• Posted

I've been on antidepressants and antipsychotics for years and I'm on quite a high dose. The withdrawl symptoms are bad and I get extremely depressed without them. We have already ruled out that it can't be caused by them.

• Posted

Go to hospital where they will run tests and diagnose you.  Have you tried a food diary to see if a food is causing problems? It is possible your meds are causing vomiting.  What you are taking is very strong.  Doctors often don’t admit that these drugs can be toxic.

• Posted

Hi Sashc

Have you read the information leaflet that came with your meds..check and see if there is the side effect you are experiencing....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.