wot can I do about panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 65 yr old female and suffer from mild copd which is well controlled. Last yr I was diagnosed with hep c after having it for 40 + yrs. Caught I presume from ex husband who was an iv drug user. I started triple therapy treatment 8 weeks ago for the hep c but it seems to hav made my breathing worse and now I am having full blown panic attacks almost every other day.My gp prescribed oxacepam and should b taking them half to one tab 3 times a day. I hav only been taking a qmatter of a tab when necessary. Surely these tabs r addictive. I am hallucinating with them and they're making me feel spaced out. I'm not in control anymore. I was also prescribed citalopram and took 1 tab and my heart wad racing and paramedic done ecg at.home and then rushed me to hosp. Seemed they had an adverse effect on me. Now I hav been prescribed mirtazapine but am frightened to am them. Plz help these panic attacks r.really getting me down.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am having them as well,horrible just have to ride them have tried everything but just to let you know you are not alone.I have just been put n pregabalin and feel absolutely terrible only had 4 and could throw them but have to ride the storm until they are in my system I suppose.keep posting on here I will always answer you if it helps. Take care.x

• Posted

Thank u so much jean152. Ur right they r horrible. The trouble is because of the meds I take fie my hep c and,my copd .
  • Posted

Nice to get your reply ,keep n touch.Good Luck
  • Posted

Don't be upset. For your panic attack you should try yoga and meditation.
  • Posted

Ask your doctor whether he could prescribe a "beta blocker" drug, such as nadolol, atenolol, or one of the newer such drugs. Even just a small dose (10 or 20 mg, much lower than for cardiac patients) of nadolol taken once per day will alleviate panic attacks, and it starts working right away.
  • Posted

Sorry robert4b I cant take beta blockers cos of,my asthma/copd. Thx anyway. Am going to go tomoz asking fir blood test for over,active thyroid gland. Wil keep u posted.
  • Posted

Good luck Jennifer for tomorrow hope you get some result.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.