Would anyone be interested

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Seem to me that there are a lot of ppl out there that are suffering with a frozen shoulder and have no-one to talk to or discuss the matter with. I for one would love to chat to other ppl who have this illness.

My reason for posting is to ask if anyone would be interested in a discussion forum with chatroom. A place where we could talk to each other offer help and support.

If anyone would be interested in joining me please add to this thread and hopefull if there are enough ppl interested I will get the ball rolling.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am suffering from FS in my dominant arm and would have welcomed companionship during those long, uncomfortable, sleepless nights.

Unfortunately/fortunately (haven't yet decided, LOL) I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow (arthroscopic release) & hope to be cured.

Hope lots of fellow sufferers reply to your thread, I learnt so much from similar FS forums.

I will post my progress as not much info regarding this surgery appears to be about.

Wise Old Bird.

• Posted

Thanks for the response. My physio has mentioned surgery so would be very interested in hearing how you got on.

I hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery

Take care

• Posted

Today is day 3 post surgery. I was discharged this morning, still tired & groggy from all the medication but feeling very positive.

Day 1:

The surgery went very well & 100% ROM achieved. Started physio almost immediately which was totally pain free as a nerve block was administered. The anaesthetist, lovely man, popped in & connected me to a pump to keep the nerve block topped up. My arm could be moved in directions that it had not been to for months, weird sensation, no control but still pain free. I took control of the dead arm & moved it every hour. \"There's no way you're going to get a chance to refreeze\" I kept telling it!

Day 2:

The lovely man came to take my pump away, not sure if he's still as lovely!!!!! I started taking strong pain killers in readiness for the block wearing off. 2 hours later I began to feel my fingers & some pain. Still moving shoulder at every opportunity, in between physio visits, she was still v pleased.

Day 3:

Yes there is pain, lots of it, but it's a different sort of pain, short lived & only when moving my arm. Before being discharged, the physio came to visit & I demonstrated my fingertip wall walking abilities. She says I am doing soooooo well. I can get my arm to 12 o'clock front & sideways, behind my back level with tummy button. I am looking forward to sleeping??? in my own bed tonight & not being disturbed every hour or so for obs! Happy to be at home with Hubby & Kids, all doing their bit to look after me.

Many thanks for your kind words. I will come back & update my progress.

Wise Old Bird.

• Posted

So glad to hear that the op went well and that thing have improved for you. Im not sure which op you have had and would be interested to know more.

My physio has talked about surgery but to be honest dont really know what it is about, so a first hand view would be great.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and look forward to you reporting on your progress.

Take care

• Posted

HI there,

Ive had frozen shoulder for 6 months and its getting me down. Im just not sleeping. I an a full time teacher and I need a lot of patience.Dont think I have much at the moment.

I would really like to speak with other sufferers and see how they are coping. I know theres a light at the end of the tunnel but its exhausting. The pain is constant.

Sharon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.