would anyone here know about cannabis can it be used for diabetics type 1 or 2

Posted , 3 users are following.

would anyone here know about cannabis can it be used for diabetics type 1 or 2  ,ive been told it can be taken in food creams by drinking also smoking , apparently its safer than what most people take by doctors , there is a song by one of the late bob Marley sons Julian called boom draw , i watched it and found it had a lot of information ,about the medical cannabis , tell me what you think  i did talk to a resta  person and was told it could be used for pain and nerve sells , i did use the cream for my legs and it worked for a few days but only tried it 2 or 3 times ..

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have type 2 and am interested to know the answer to your question. I know that it works for pain as in arthritis of the hip. I have had both hips replaced now but before that I was in so much pain my son went and got me a cannabis cigarette. I took 2 puffs and I was pain free. I only did it a few times but it worked better than any of the medication that I was prescribed. I know that it is against the law so I hope that they develope medicines that are legal. As for diabetes I look forward to hearing about any developments in this area.
  • Posted

Huh.  Well, you can Google "cannabis diabetes" and there are a number of articles and some do suggest it might help!  Other than what I just glanced at, I don't know, haven't heard anything specific.

If you do all the *regular* things one should do for your diabetes and then *also* try some cannabis, that would be the way to go.  No sign that it would be so good it could replace normal diet and exercise, and of course testing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.