Would anyone like a free copy Kate Gilbert's book?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not sure if it's OK to ask on the forum? But I've a copy of Kate Gilbert's book " PMR and Giant cell a survival guide" please email me your address and I'll be happy to post it on, no charge. UK only.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would love one but I dont know how to send a private message with address. I am in the UKĀ 
    • Posted

Under jancorb's avatar in her post is an image of an envelope. Click on it and the private message page will come up where you write a post just like here (except you need a title I think) which only Jan can see. 

• Posted

I would like to order this book but I've had difficulty with comprehension. Does this book give recommendation or is it her experience living with the disorder?  

• Posted

It's really a bit of both.  The recommendations come from her own experience. I haven't seen the new edition but the first edition was a very helpful little book, and also useful for leaving lying around casually for innocent (and ignorant) family members to dip into, in hopes they would become enlightened.  

• Posted

Thank you for responding so quickly. I think I'll give it a try. 

• Posted

Hi, the introduction is based on her own experience, the rest of the book the giving a lot of advice, research results, and some of the science, but in a very readable format.

I will be sending this book to Margaret, it's available on Amazon

"Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis: a survival guide. 2nd edition."

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.