Would lack of proper speech only be enough to say it's an ASD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, my name is samy and am a mum of a 4 years old girl who's just been diagnosed with ASD (Mild).. Now I still don't know much about autism and that's one reason why am here... also I won't deny that am seeking some peace as inside me am still not that much convinced that my baby is autistic

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi samy5204, firstly dont be afraid to have second thoughts or worries for having your daughter diagnosed by having ASD, i have gone 21 years of knowing that i am autistic and not being diagnoesed until march 2017. It is common to be worried as a parent who has a child with ASD wondering if they will fit in as they are older, i have a question but you dont have to answer if you dont wish to, the question is, who was your daughter diagnosed, and what pushed you to get the diagnosis done? If you are really that unsure about the diagnosis of your daughter speak i would suggest you speak with your GP, and possibly look on the National Autistic Society website for more information. As it is I am a grown up and I am still coming to terms with my diagnosis but i am getting there with support from local services., I hope that is helpful for you.
    • Posted

Hi Amy22814, thank you for reacting towards my question and I would like to apologise for replying back so late as I only saw your message now..anyways my daughter was diagnosed few months ago by a speech therapist.. lately I started digging around to understand what is Autism with its different levels and signs...the problem is I don’t see it on my daughter as she is only lacking some more speech to be as talkative as her peers...but away from that she is so cheerful..she has no social difficulties.. she loves to be around kids even the ones she doesn’t even know..with all my respect for people who are  suffering from an autism spectrum disorder..this whole situation makes me as a mum worried because I don’t want her to be taken for someone else... I don’t want her to be considered as an ASD if she is not... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.