Would like to know

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I am a newby to Fibro and I just wanted to know if there is any thing I can do to help me tone up(my stomach and tops of my legs as I have lost a bit of weight and i have a hangover on my stomach which is annoying me and I have a lot of losses skin at the top of my legs which is doing the same and when it is warm I get very sore.and I would also like to know if there is a diet I can go on to that helps me lose weight and help me with the fibro

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If your in uk your doctor can refer you to a healthy diet group, I went on one it lasted 3 months and I lost 6 stone and physio was also part of it so that helped with the toning up. Good luck
    • Posted

I have spoken to my doctor about this and he said that there is nothing he can do intact he was no use about anything much
  • Posted

Also if you are in the UK ask your Dr about exercise on prescription they do it in my area you will get a personal trainer that will do a plan for you hope this helps x
    • Posted

My gp who I saw said that there was nothing he could do he intact wasn't any help at all
    • Posted

It's such a shame that the medical professionals that are there to help us don't, are you still under the rheumatology department or have they discharged you? X
    • Posted

The only thing I have been referred to and waiting for an appointment for is the pain clinic nothing else
    • Posted

I went to pain clinic and completed the 3 month course, I now believe that it's a place they send you when the doctors don't know how or where to go next with you. Make an appointment with your own gp and ask is this the final resort, I feel like doctors are only honest when you be more direct with them. Xx good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.