Would like to know about laser treatment for hemorrhoids

Posted , 7 users are following.

I would like to know if anyone has had any success with laser treatment for internal hemorrhoids . Would like to know your experience with the treatment itself, if it's painful and how long did it take for things to heal? I have had banding done twice with no success, so I would be interested in trying laser.

Thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi there. i've had laser surgery and it was successful. however, i did struggle for a long time due to my anxieties. all i can recommend is to listen to your doctor, be positive and patient and DO NOT BE SCARED. what i didn't realise or know at the time is that time after surgery is more important than the surgery itself as the latter is somewhat quick and not painful. i was paranoid to eat, poop, sit and generally live. the way you handle yourself post surgery is gonna make your healing experience shorter or longer. after i read numerous advices on internet, i decided to completely change my diet (which dramatically affected my gut and bowel movements) and not sit on my butt for like 2 months. as a result, my 'new' butt healed somewhat wrong and i struggled for forever as couldn't poop normally. so if i'd do this again, i'd just be less anxious and worried. don't be afraid to eat normal food (not just liquid stuff) and to move. good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. So you do feel better now. So this may be a good option? I'm not too concerned about changing my diet as I have done that after the first banding, I had done just over 2 years ago. But even with a better diet like adding fiber, giving up on my coffee in the morning and more , I'm still having a lot of problems and pain. I had an appointment to see a doctor a couple of weeks ago but of course with COVID-19 it was cancelled. It will be rescheduled sometime over the next few months, so I have some time to think about it and here from others on this forum about their experiences with laser treatment.

Thanks again.

• Posted

yes, feel much better now and don't regret the surgery. i think your decision about surgery depends on what stage your hems are. i had 3 of them at stage 3/4 or whatever the last stage is, so i couldn't function at all. i also heard that laser surgery gonna kill them for good where other treatments may be just temporary solution so i was sort of prepared to suffer more for better outcome 😃 anyway, if you decide to go on with the surgery, one more advice - always wash your behind with cold or lukewarm water after bm instead of wiping and if you take shower, wash it with water only (no soaps, gels etc as apparently they aren't needed and may cause irritation).

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm very in laser treatment for fissure and sentinel pile/hemorrhoid. I haven't been able to locate a Dr in my area to perform the treatment. Where did you find a physician to perform the procedure? Also was it very painful? What was the process for numbing the area? Thanks so much in advance. This forum is a gift.

• Posted

hi there, i did the surgery in uzbekistan coz thats where my parents live and my mom was the one to take care of me past surgery. the numbing was spinal injection. Surgery wasn't painful, frankly past surgery wasn't too bad either. I prepared myself for excruciating pain after reading multiple feedbacks but it never came in my case. However, discomfort stayed for a very long time but it was better than before surgery. Hope this helps, good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! So, spinal injection... as in epidural? That sounds pretty painful. But I'm glad the OP and Post OP process wasn't bad for you.

I'm in the US. Can't seem to find many physicians who actually perform the minimally invasive laser procedures. Would you be willing to share the name/contact of the physician who performed yours? Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. This forum is a gift.

• Posted

yes, like epidural and its not painful at all (initially i opted for full anesthesia coz was too scared of spinal one but doctor explained that the latter is better for this specific surgery). i can of course share with you the details of my surgeon but will it be any use provided you are in the states and it's in central asia 😃

• Posted

hi, i know its been a while, you said you "changed" your diet and that it wasn't a good idea. in what way did you change your diet may i ask?

• Posted

I had THD and it was actually the worse decision I made.

it made things for me.

• Posted

Do you mind if I ask why? Would you expand on your experience ? Your obviously feeling worse than before the laser treatment. I felt the same way after trying banding as I felt much worse and have been regretting it for the last 2 years. Before the banding I had a lot of itching and discomfort, but was able to manage it with suppositories. Now when it flares up I get intense pain and feels like a lot of swelling. I was hoping that laser might be a better option for me.

Thanks for you reply.

• Posted

hi

ok where do I begin lol

before my thd procedure in december 2018. I would get flare up of a bump to my anal area so a hemmohoid....this would cause some pain esp when I sit...

one time I wasn't on top of my diet ...lifting heavy and having more anal intercourse. one time during all this I had different type of pain like so much pain and burning but no bleeding....but kind os resolved within a few weeks. however I'm like let me get this looked at and cured. so I came across laser as it was painless etc....

the first few weeks post I had a hard time with bms ..pain etc...but the doc said give it time....

than it all went downhill.....started getting pulse like pain..was in constant discomfort....and this just kept getting worse to the point now it's just ongoing burning feeling....

and then had banding of a hemmohoid as it was seen on a scope....with all of this I wasn't really on top of the healing though as I was traveling and still engaging in sex

last time.i saw the gi doc said I had a fissure....which was in February

so it seems like laser just cause more issues for me

• Posted

jay, did you get the laser procedure done for piles, how was the procedure, what are your post procedure feelings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.