Would Really Value Opinions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I have posted a couple of time before and always found people advice really helpful.

I was on Livial for a few years until my gyne took me off it six weeks ago after an incident of spotting. He wanted to see how I'd do without it.

I thought initially that I was fine - but now I have a mix of issues and would really value peoples opinion on what is going on. I am 53 and menopause symptoms started about 6-7 years ago.

Firstly, on a positive note, I think my overall mood has improved without the Livial. When I was on it, I often noticed that at the same time very month my mood was really low and I was irritable and depressed. I thought perhaps the Livial wasn't strong enough but I continued to take it as I had no other menopause symptoms.

Two weeks after stopping it I noticed I became really tired, had some sweating (during the day)and felt nausea for a day or two. I assumed it was because I had stopped the Livial 'cold turkey' and that my hormones had dropped so I did nothing about it.

I returned to my gyne for a scheduled consultation to see how I was doing and he prescribed Givigel (oestrogen) and Prometrium (progesteron) to replace the Livial and prevent menopause symptoms as he had checked my uterine lining and it was fine and I am not considered at risk for taking HRT (no health problems or family history concerns).

I decided not to take it though until I saw how I would manage without it. I thought I was doing brilliantly until this past weekend - exactly a month after the last episode - when the nausea, sweating and tiredness returned with a bang and is worse that it was last month! It almost like pregnancy nausea- I am not vomiting but have no appetite and can't tolerate the smell of food!!! Is this normal??? I missed work today as I was afraid of feeling sick, especially at lunch time when other people were eating.

Does anyone else feel like this or have symptoms that reoccur on a monthly basis? Is this even a menopause symptom?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi shazanne 

i am post meno ( no hrt) after a ten year peri..

i find every six weeks for me, i have a pattern of feeling awful, no energy etc and low.

it hits me hard every six weeks ..  I am 18 months post meno age 50.

jay x

• Posted

Shazanne, I have no experience with this, but I have heard that the hormones keep cycling, even though they are at levels too low to cause periods (or maybe  no more eggs? I am not really sure how it works). It sounds like pms to me, or definitely a hormonal thing. Sorry, it's all I can comment, I wish you the best.
  • Posted

Hi Shazanne

I understand how you feel this morning I woke up with a lot of stomach pain than the stools I just feel a little nauseated this morning. I am not on HRTs but I am on Zoloft to help with my anxieties and ativan and trazodone for sleep I have been doing fine with my anxieties and moods but the stomach issues are still there and i am in post menopause 

• Posted

Hi susan 

are you still suffering with the tum .. 

Have you been to the doctors about it..

Why are you taking two types of antidepressants at the same time, 

Zoloft & Trazodone ? never known anyone take two AD's before 

jay 

• Posted

Could your upset stomach be due to the interaction of 

Zoloft & Trazodone 

trazodone ↔ sertraline

Applies to:trazodone and Zoloft (sertraline)

Using traZODone together with sertraline can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications.

It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.