Would smoking weed make my thyroid worse?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have an underactive thyroid i wanna start smoking weed again. i'm thinking about smoking it from a vape which wouldnt give me any of the toxic byproducts found in smoke would it still make my thyroid worse? i have an underactive thyroid

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have hypothyroidism and about half a year after I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism I started smoking weed. I smoked about every day for 6 months and my TSH levels got alot worse. When I stopped they balanced out again. Im just now trying to smoke weed but on occasion and definitely not consecutive days in a row. If my numbers go up again ill probally have to stop for good. There is really no reliable studies out there testing the effects of marijuana on the thyroid so who knows how much it effects it. But if your thyroid isn't completely balanced out or you don feel well. I suggest not smoking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.