Would this be classed as Globus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

18months ago I had Globus which made health anxiety come on, I finally beat the anxiety without meds and was a year free of any anxiety but lately I can feel it creeping back in.

My question is does anyone here with Globus have choking issues?

I can swallow food and drinks fine but randomly throughout the day I feel as if I'm about to choke on my saliva.. And sometimes for a second or two it actually feels as though I'm choking but then everything goes back to normal.

If I focus on it, it makes it worse.

I do get the classic lump in my throat on and off and ranging in severity.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Same here, So I go to a doctor and she cauterize my tonsils with 50% Silver Nitrate . It burns like hell and causing me excrete a ridiculous amount of mucus. I got a sore throat for 2 days. And the problem reduced up to 70%. Seems the cause is as you got older the tonsil doesnt work anymore and causing problem. So I'm planning a removal surgery with my doctor for next week. Also ask her to remove my adenoid glands.

• Posted

Anyone else??
    • Posted

Whenever I play games and stay calm. I don't feel it but once I start taking pressure regarding studies and other responsibilities , I feel something chocking me from inside. I know it's happens because of inflammation of larynx. This happens to me regularly since 1 year. I think consuming cold drinks enhanced this problem. When I was a kid , doctor told my mom that I got mumps and there is a need of surgery. I had pneumonia.

Confused between GERD , dysphagia and globus hystericus.

I don't think I have dysphagia because there are many symptoms which don't match with problems. After eating , this problem increases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.