would this be ok if seaid at a funral or do you think it would upset the family

Posted , 3 users are following.

in going to a funeral . this Friday and would like to say something but don't know if I have the right to or not so I'm hoping that someone here can tell me if they think  this would be out of order or ok .

my best mate passed away the day after England lost there game that put them out of the world cup ,

during this time my mate was in hospital in a induced coma ,due to not taking his diabetic medicine for 2 days .

I have known him for at least 25years and have the same illness we were very close and I classed him more as a brother than a pal .

sines his passing I have been thinking of him and his family and how he thought of them and what he wanted for his children ext.

he had a brother that passed about 20 years ago that he talked about a lot to me he would also talk about his sister her children hid dad and mum and how he had turned out himself  ..

he was a derby county supporter and England fan and loved cars everyone knew  his .

I also know his dad is taking this bad as its 2 sons gone know and his dad has choosing the last song for his service  .

so this is what I want to say if possible .

I want to go on the alter at the end of the service but before the last song is played and say in as I if I was talking for him in his words.

MUM DAD  I LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR THE WONDER FULL LIFE YOU GAVE ME I AM KNOW IN HEAVAN WITH MY BROTHER AND AM VERY HAPPY SO THANK YOU..

SISTER AND GIRLFREIND, USING THERE NAMES

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE AND HELP YOU GAVE ME IN MY LIFE .AND IF YOU EVER NEED ME JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND YO WILL SEE TWO SHINING STARS LIKE DIOMANDS SO CLOSE YOU CAN TOUCH THEM WEL THATS ME AND MY BROTHER WATCHING OVER YOU THANK YOU .

HIS SISTERS CHILDREN AND HIS OWN THEY WILL BE LAYING HIM TO REST .

AS FOR YOUR CHILDREN I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THEM FOR THE WAY THEY SHOWED LOVE AND UNITY TO DAY TAKING ME TO MY FINAL RESTING PLACE SO I COULD BE WITH MY BROTHER .

THIS IS THE BIT IM NOT SURE ABOUT .

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE COME HERE TO SHOW THE LOVE AND SUPPORT FOR MY FAMILY TODAY

SINGING OFF R I P MARK G THE NUMBER 1 DARBY COUNTY SUPPORTER IN HEAVEN .

THEN PLAY THE LAST SONG .

CAN U TELL ME I THIS WOULD BE OK OR JUST OUT OF ORDER ..     

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is sad that you have lost a good friend but it's his family you should be asking if it's ok, you do need to do this in plenty of time before the funeral as these things are timed and sadly they probably want be allowed to just add another eulogy at the last minute

• Posted

there is time as my wife and her sister are his girlfriend are setting it up with the priest . I just don't want to look as if I'm looking for attention or something like that as I am not [I e family but just a friend ]

• Posted

It will probably be fine then but I would actually say a little something from the heart from you to him, try to keep it as simple as possible and just let everyone know that as far as you were aware he truly loved his family, a hand held after and a show of support is worth a thousand words.

Nobody will think it's about you because it's not so don't worry

• Posted

Hi I am so sorry at the loss of your friend.  I don't think you can say that,  but what I would do if you want is to just say a few words about your friend - a couple of personal things and then say how much he loved his family.  

You do need to write down what you want to say though and get this cleared by his family.  It might be possible as there could be time constraints etc.  x

• Posted

thank you for this his family do want me to say something as a mate .they will tell me more tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.