Would you bother any more?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi people, can anyone help? I normally see my counsellor every Friday, however i had to cancel at short notice this week so didn't go obviously. However i left my counsellor a message once i knew i wouldn't get there. Nothing back. Not a thumb, OK, NOTHING! I sent him a message explaining that ANY message i send him is for information just in between weeks incase he needs to know anything. I was for instance feeling suicidal again the other week so told him and to be honest he was funny about that. If he's funny about that (and no i don't mean ha, ha) then how on earth do i speak to him about sexual touch, rape and flashbacks? Is there any point? What would you do. I have written him a really blunt letter and TOLD him how scared i get. Would you go back? Would you confront him? Please help, i lay in bef crying about this some nights i feel he's telling me off! I'm getting to the point of NOT returning, he said he'd counsel me. Am i being paranoid or does that sound wrong to you?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello sam18386

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi patientmode2,;i have spoken to the Samaritans, my doctor knows and have referred me to a crisis team. I now i struggle but extreme stress makes me do this. I see a counsellor very often so do have lots of support. Thanks for your concern.

• Posted

Hi, I'm not a doctor, counselor, or a therapist.. however I am a Rape Survivor and my experience is if you are not getting what you need from this therapist or any therapist for that matter it's time to look for someone who can be empathetic and attentive... just my opinion! Praying you find someone who can be there for you !

Rosemary

• Posted

Hi rosemary, can you please pm me i need to know how to survive, i just feel stuck!

• Posted

Hiya Sam, i think that if your already at the stage if thinking ""shall I?, shan't I?,

your best off in my view if looking elsewhere for a different councellor, for someone that you can feel easy talking too, that makes yoy feel relaxed, comfortable enough si you feel at ease,and that is when you should be able to tslk about your specific issues, thats how I'd look at things Sam, but im a victim from the past, who has suffered,and am still suffering, So don't take my words as professional, just as a bit of friendly advice, from another person whose had traumatic issues like yourself, Thats all i can think of to say to you right now, Hope you get the help you want, Stephen

• Posted

Hi stephen, hopefully a long blunt letter to my counsellor might do the trick he can't ignore an issue in black and white, can he? I hate being like this but hopefully with some support i may learn to cope better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.