would you bother to turn up?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone who has helped me in the past - can you help?  After being at rape crisis for a good while and heading towards my last session I really can't be bothered to go there as there has been a mix up.  I know this sounds like nothing but it has got so bad that during the last couple of sessions I felt so rotten due to being hounded by this man who hurt me so much!  I am now seen as rude, inconsiderate and feel misunderstood I have verbal dyspraxia and under stress find it very difficult to explain what I mean and did do last week, I feel judged and wrongly!   My doctor has worsened the situation after asking me to ask rape crisis for a report as to what they are going to do next which she should have asked for.  I asked for this and as my phone was not working went to rape crisis instead on my doctor's instruction.  I feel caught in the professional crossfire and just have sobbed due to something that is not my doing, as I couldn't clearly explain to somebody else at rape crisis what my doctor needed as I had forgotten.  I now feel saddened by this daily and don't want to go back!  What do I do - my counsellor didn't understand me either last Wednesday and when she asked if I was coming back I said no!  I've just had enough of all of it and couldn't explain!  What do I do? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your GP and ask for a referral to CMHT. Tell you're not happy approaching Rape Crisis and ask if her secretary could do it instead?

• Posted

Hi shaz whilst I appreciate you're trying to help, I actually feel this will be counter productive as the secretary of Jasmine House caused the problem.  It is meant to be my last session with them tomorrow and what she has said and the position I have been put in both my doctor and them has really upset me and made me cry daily.  I don't actually feel like ever trusting any health professional ever again.  All they have me down is some sort of nutter and after seeing the state my husband came back in and my brother-in-law have schizophrenic episodes I don't wish to have anything to do with any of it.  My doctor has done nothing and it's because I didn't understand what she was after last week and needed off Jasmine House that I'm in this state.  Why do you feel that I need CMHT.  I am not mad like everyone seems to think.  I'm just very hurt, upset thinking about this and misunderstood.  I don't want a mental health team anywhere near me.  I'm in a catholic family trying to move to push through an adoption or foster a child.  I went to rape crisis to try to help myself after being ignored by 5 different profesionals over this.  As you can imagine I'm not likely to trust very easily and even if I went tomorrow I wouldn't feel happy if this woman who caused all the problems in the 1st place opened the door!  I just am sick of all of it.  I just want a future with the thing I was denied in the 1st place my child!  2 men denied me that in 2 separate ways and I just now want that for me!  I'm broken by this and whilst I understand you struggle I actually think I do ok.

• Posted

The reason I suggested CMHT was that your posts give the impression that the months of counselling you have had through Rape Crisis haven't been successfully enabled you to come to terms with and deal with what happened to you. To enable further support, I am not sure how you would access it as another primary source probably won't be able to help. CMHT are secondary providers, for more in depth, complex issues, including providing a proper diagnosis and help (not necessarily medication).

However you choose to go forward, the Adoption people will, no doubt speak to (or ask for a report) on your suitability.

Maybe the Church maybe able to help, if being Catholic means that you cannot seek help for a horrific, traumatic, life changing event.

I genuinely hope that you find some way to move forward.

• Posted

And clearly, from your posts, you are not doing ok because if you were, then you wouldn't be posting on here!

• Posted

When you say, you were ignored by 5 different professionals, I find that really hard to believe.

For example, if you go to the police and say I have been raped, they don't ignore you! They carry out an investigation.

If you ask you GP for help, they can help you.

If you turn up at a hospital and say I've been raped, they are not going to turn round and tell you to go away!

There is a big difference to saying you have a problem and asking for help to fix a problem.

And sometimes, it is easy to make it everyone else's problem.

• Posted

I won't now often post on here maybe ever again no more counselling no need to be fearful anymore. Speak to doctor Tuesday see what she says. That's all. Please don't comment back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.