Would you go back?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone, can anyone give me a really straight answer? i got a brand new school based job 4 days before lockdown and am terrified if i go back that i'll get coronavirus. here's why - my husband works for a hospice where they have had it and now he discovers that his colleague had it and went to work with it then was rushed to hospital. the little girl i should work with has cerebral palsy. kids forget to wash their hands ordinarily and what will they do? hug each other after 2 months not seeing each other. i have sinus problems on top and get ill very quick. would you go back? how would you best keep safe? help, i am not joking here, i am terrified!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam18386

I think you may need to talk with your doctor before going back. But also, you may need to self isolate for 14 days and your husband also.. and you both have the test for the virus. You wouldn't want to pass it on.. if you did have it.

• Posted

hi margo, doctor said we're both safe but this is the same doctor who said i didn't have coeliac disease. really am very scared, oh and our doctor won't offer us any vaccine! stuck and scared sick! not spoken to the school. i'll have to see what they say..... my husband is luckily not working during this week or weekend either i am more concerned about me. i have not been at work since 20th march.......

• Posted

Hi Sam

There is no vaccine only one for the flu. yes talk to the school. They may know a dr that would b able to give u and yr husband the test. Also flu vaccine. After having the test you need to isolate till u have the result back. All the best. Marg

• Posted

hi margo, i give in! i spoke to my doctor yesterday and she wouldn't test my husband they wouldn't test me and have never offered me the flu jab.

• Posted

Sorry to hear. Wonder whereabouts you are. Maybe you have to have symptoms before you can be tested. You could try some other doctors clinics and see what they advise.

• Posted

hi margo, i have a sister who is a headteacher at a county school here where we live in leicestershire, she can tell me what the general advice is that schools decide. i may be panicking unnecessarily and may not need to! at the moment i have a sick washing machine so i am just a little bit more concerned about that at the moment!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.