Would you like to improve your typing?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’m a masters researcher, currently working on a project to do with typing for those with any kind of limited mobility. Whether it’s typing documents, communicating online or creating input for a speech synthesiser, I’d love to hear about your experiences. As a designer and engineer, my goal is ultimately to create solutions to make this part of digital life easier and more efficient. Below are a few questions to get started.

I’m also keen to meet as many people as possible to try out some new ideas and get your feedback on what I could improve. If you have some free time (I certainly have a lot at the moment!) and would like to get involved, please let me know. Obviously this would take place over the phone/ video chat for now. Thanks!

Questions:

• For what purposes do you type?
  • How do you type? (which physical devices, which software etc.)
  • Have you tried a number of options? What were they and how did you decide on one?
  • What problems (if any) do you face around typing?
  • If you could change absolutely anything about the way you type, what would it be?
  • Have you at any point been able to write by hand with pen/ pencil? (with or without assistance)
  • What has been your experience with using voice recognition as a method of typing?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.