Would you tell?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi people, i have written on here so many times but i would like a little advice because i am struggling to explain to a support worker why i couldn't sleep last week. i couldn't tell her about the horrendous flashbacks i was having about assault. i have left my last counsellor because he was useless in the end quite honestly. would you tell this lady? i feel really scared of the thought of doing so. i feel stuck!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Does your support worker know anything about your past? i know it takes so much time to trust people with sensitive information. would you feel comfortable telling her that it relates to a traumatic event in your past but youre not ready to talk about it? if shes empathic and experienced in her role she will allow you the time and space to get to trust her. i wish you well.

• Posted

hi Jane, she has a vague idea, but not totally, so i've written it down. that's the nearest I've got. i hope she understands i think she may.

• Posted

thats great that youve managed to write it down. i hope she helps.

• Posted

I have found that telling people that it relates to your PTSD will give you an idea if she is receptive to the details. You will be able to tell by the reaction. If not, there is no point in wasting your time and private life.

• Posted

hi jayne, i think she would be very receptive but i am still awaiting specjalist assault counselling, as my last counsellor was useless! i have told her and luckily she has told this speciailist service, it's just a case of waiting now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.