Wound breaking down again

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had this condition since October and had surgery with stitches in April. I've had 2 infections since the surgery and finally when it appeared to be healing and forming a scar there's now pus coming from the scar. I've made another outpatients appointment for tomorrow but I'm at a loss as to when I'll be normal again. I can't work, go out, wear normal clothes, sit etc.I've also put on weight and can't work out. I have no quality of life and no one seems to be able to tell me when I will be better or how this problem can be solved

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you have the full cyst removed? The one under the skin. And what type of closure was it. I am having a plastic surgeon close mine after the genera surgeon cuts it out.
  • Posted

Did you try going to another doctor? I don't know where you live but people here seem to be taking it calmly, we have 1 surgery then we're totally fine. That must be cause they aren't removing the syringes completely so it somehow regenerates.

Make sure to wash the area in cases it grows with hot water, avoid sitting too much, better lay down on your stomach and never touch it with your bare hands, ever.

• Posted

I'm in 7th month Afer last surgery from getting it packed every day.. Practically closed.. Now I have 3 holes in my scar that are pussingMy doctors and nurses don't have a clue what to say to me and I feel they just keep pushing me away.. It's actually me 9 month off work cos I got cut open and stitched at first but they didn't hold so need to be cut open again then packed daily...

I am guytered and feel exactly how u feel ! Can't believe it man

• Posted

That last msg didn't really make sense sorry ha basicly I'm 7th month after last surgery.. I have a scar practicly formed.. And now there's two holes with puss coming out of the holes from the car.. Was so close to the finish line.. And I have been on antibiotics for 4 weeks also and these holes AV still appeared...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.