Wound on still open

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I had open carpel tunnel op on 22ns June and stitches taken out 2 weeks after..im.due to return to on 7th August..im seeing my nurse tomorrow to see how it is going but the top layers on skin still havnt closed up and is still open....

Any ideas on what to do..

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My wound still looked horrendous when I was due to have stitches out and the top was still open. Mine took a while but eventually closed up. As I was told they heal from the inside out
  • Posted

I wpuld otm have thyght itshopuldm be open at all snce it was stitched up-if only the top layers, well maybe oK as ling as infectio canot get inside
  • Posted

sorry, I typed that too fast!!  I would have thought it should not be open at all since it was stitched up-if only the top layers, well maybe oK as long as infection canot get inside
    • Posted

Hello

I also typed too fast too...lol...im seeing the nurse tomorrow,so will see what she says.i never realised it was 6 wks off afterwards and I got to have my left hand done sometime.

But glad I'm getting it sorted tho.

It's just the top layers I would post a pic but don't think i can here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.