Wound re-opening

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, i had my op about 3-4 months ago now, and everything was healing nicely until about 3 weeks ago where the wound had re-opened. I went to doctor and nurse and was given anti-biotics and had to start the packing and re-dressing routine again.

That was going well until today, where it re-opened again. They've given me the same anti-biotic again and told me to soak in the salt water bath, but i'm going to book an appointment with the nurse tomorrow for piece of mind.

I know this isnt as bad as some people mis-fortunes on here, but it's really frustrating as i am a keen football(soccer) player and having long term injuries before, i cant wait to get back.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are doing the right thing and you may not feel its as bad as some but thats not the point its how it is affecting your life that matters, ask for laser hair removal on the area as this may help the healing (JUst this closed two of my 3 sinus's)

Dont be fobbed off and dont think there are others worse than you, this problem had a profound affect on peoples lifes and the longer it goes the worse you can feel..... No one else will stand up for you so make yourself heard and of not sure go back to the hospital, let us know how you go and all the very best

• Posted

sorry i forgot to reply. Thanks for the advice, i will definitely look into that option.

an update on the situation, is that its almost healed again, but not fully just yet.

• Posted

hi, i read your post and have similar issue. did urs heal yet? would be interested in an update
  • Posted

hi, well it did heal but then it just kept reopening. So my doctor decided to give me another operation and he said it should work as he did a \"proper\" job this time wink And it did heal this time, and it was closed for a record time of three weeks until it reopened just a tiny tiny bit.

That healed fine within a week, but 4 or 5 weeks later here i am today with it open again just 2 weeks before i go to uni. Not the best of time. I went to the nurse the other day who told me she couldnt pack it or anything because it is only about half a centimetre, may a bit bigger. Today it got a bit bigger so i guess im gonna have to go back to my doctor. This probably means that i'm going to have another operation using that flap technique (if it's infected that is)

• Posted

Hi, I have the exact same issue as yourself.  Had my first op in March 2014, then another 2 after that.  The wound would heal from packing etc and then weeks later break down and reopen.  It feels like it just keeps going in circles and im over it.

How is your PS now?  What have you done this time to heal it for good?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.