Wow!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well for the 1st time in maybe 2 months of cit (30mg increase 3 weeks ago) I think i had my 1st good day! No shaking, sweating, was able to eat and keep it down but most importantly my non stop racing mind was at ease all day and night! I managed to watch the news and a movie and fully concentrate on them! What 2morrow will bring i have no idea but if this is how the cit will eventually make feel my determination and hope is back in full swing again! I can only hope and pray that i get more days like that, more motivation and hopefully my mood will lift in a more positive route! for those of you just starting out on cit... yes it will happen to you too just tuff it out and you too will start feeling good days ahead of you too!

trust me i honestly just didnt think i would ever feel and get better but after today the cit is finally showing me what its capable of! I have renewed patience in this medication!

thanks for reading!

James

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Great to hear as I know you've struggled. When you finally break through, its a great feeling. This med just takes time. You may have off days here and there( I still do), but more good than bad and they only get better. It was a lifesaver for me I can tell you. I now feel as though I have the old me back.

• Posted

Hiya!

thanks for replying! i more or less posted that message for people that are just starting out on cit with all of the bad side effects but after today and how it was different but in a good way i wanted them to know that this med really does work. it takes so long sadly but if your determined to start feeling better then yes stick it out and good days will in fact happen!

it happened to me today!

James

• Posted

This is a great read!! It's good to let people know what to expect as our GP's just give us the black and white, 1-2 weeks for side effects to wear off, 4-6 for it to be at it's full effect. Nonsense, no wonder so many people are confused and want to throw the towel in so quickly.

It took me a good 5 months to start to level out & have more good than bad days. 8 months in and I still have bouts of anxiety or bad days with feelings of agitation/detachment but I am at peace with this and have ways to control it!! You'll get there too, positivity will help you push through. 😃

• Posted

Hiya! Thanks for reading my post and replying! But ya how i felt yesterday i just felt it important to post my situation throughout the whole day. i slept great and this morning jumped out of bed good to go and that wasnt the case in the past so something is definitely changing for the better! I truly thought the cit was just not working very well on me but i have to admit that it gave me new coping skills that i didnt have before and would dwell on thoughts for hours needless to say it really bothered me and no doubt just added to my stress. So i knew the cit was doing something to me but wasnt going the full mile but after yesterday and how im feeling 1st thing in the morning with no anxiety lets hope it keeps doing its magic and i will come out of this nightmare a better person! Im very hopeful now, i felt it!

why it took so long for me and others say in 3 weeks they felt better i just dont understand that at all. Kate had mentioned it took her over 3 months before she felt anything so i was prepared to wait it out i had no other choice.

Well on to better days for me, i know it will happen and i can start feeling human again lol

xx

James

• Posted

Hey James

Behind with my messages so catching up today ….. so some may appear out of order lol.

That’s brilliant you had a good day!!! Sounds like things are beginning to happen for you.

It feels so liberating doesn’t it to feel like that.

Tomorrow may bring another good day or part of a day, but don’t worry if you wake to anxiety again. It will come and go. Having that happy time will come back.

This happened to me, and even though blips happened still those good times came back time and time again so I began to not worry when the blips came because I knew they would pass.

I knew it would happen xx.

• Posted

Thanks that is encouraging! Day 1 for me.I have conquered racing thoughts and anxiety many times in the past but my old faithful meds have been discontinued. Have had to give up 2 different kinds due to rare side effects so hopefully citalopram will work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.