wpw

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am very interested in speaking with someone about their experience. I am middle aged and recently discovered I have wpw. My ekg does not show loss of pre-excitation during stress test and the pattern is consistent when wearing a monitor for two weeks. I was also on anti arrythmic meds briefly at hospital and preexcitatioin was still present. I also have sleep apnea which makes one vulnerable to afib. I am scheduled for the ep study and would like feedback if possible via telephone.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I was also recently diagnosed about 4 months ago with wpw. I haven't had any stress tests done yet. I am supposed to meet with my cardiologist soon to talk about a possible ablation. I didn't have much symptoms until recently when I smoked and my heart went into svt at 170 I went to the hospital for that, I was freaked out. Since then I've been having my bp go up and down, the lowest at rest it's gotten is 76, the highest when I'm up and about is about 120. They did prescribe me some beta blockers but the side effects aren't very pleasant, I've felt heart burn and bubbling in chest with belching. I do think anxiety triggers the most of it for me. I have noticed when I get worried or anxious it's spikes up more. I hope things get better for you.

• Posted

I had the ablation one month ago and I would be happy to discuss my experience with you if you like
    • Posted

Hello. Sorry to bother you again. But you never told me about your ablation experience? smile

• Posted

My ablation experience was successful and a bit unusual as I apperently had an exceptionally fast pathway that was in a tough location because it was septal, I still don't understand it all but I guess I'm lucky I had it done because my accessory pathway was able to conduct at 300 beats a minute. All in all, the whole thing was very interesting. The surgery is fairly non invasive and it sounds worse than it is. I wasn't nervous and it worked out. I am glad the pathway is gone..still need to follow up with electro

• Posted

That's good to hear that it went well. I'm happy for you. Hopefully from now on no more episodes for you. Thanks for sharing, as for me I think I'm just gonna have to get this ablation done. I don't wanna live the rest of my life with these symptoms. I'm gonna get one scheduled next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.