WPW + Ablation + Fast Heart Rate?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

So I'm having an issue that I just don't understand. My cardiologist isn't really telling me anything until he gets more data from a heart monitor. 

Two weeks ago I had my WPW Ablation done. Upon coming home I noticed my heart rate went down to a normal human way which is 60-80 BPM. A week after the procedure I noticed my heart rate went up to 90-93. I thought it's nothing and probably part of the recovery of the ablation done. 

A week later, I noticed my heart rate went up to 187 and would stay in the mid 100s when standing up. 

WPW is gone, so to slow down the heart rate the cardiologist put me on a beta blocker (Metoprolol) which is helping. Now my heart is back to what it was after the procedure into the 60-80s and almost never goes into the 90s. 

BUT

If I don't take the metoprolol then my heart rate goes way back up again. 

Since the ablation, I have gone to the ER 14 times and have done numerous ECG / EKG and they have found nothing. It keeps saying normal sinus rhythm. I even bought an EKG machine to see if that would find something and even that isn't finding anything wrong. 

I asked my doctor about it, he thinks it could be A Fib, but none of the EKGs show it. I think it might be AVRT which I hear is common with WPW. Attached is a recent EKG I did. The first part of the EKG is the loading portion. 

Why am I having this? On top of that, I am getting sinus style headaches too. I have had a little bit of chest pain but it comes and goes and its not sharp, but more of a dull with a pain level of maybe 2. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any other symptoms like chest pains or breathing problems?
    • Posted

Not really. I did have Shortness of Breath after my ablation but the lungs look clear by doctors and by ER staff. After the ablation and still today I get a bit of chest discomfort but my doctor said that's expected. 

• Posted

So your only symptom is the palpitations? When you say they checked your lungs did they give you a chest CT scan with contrast?
    • Posted

Yep. Mutliple CT scans in the Chest and Stomach area (GERD condition) with contrast. Showed nothing. Even the aortia is ok. Also did a lot of chest x-rays. Everything looks good. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.