WPW Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

21 year old male recently diagnosed with wpw. I do not have the rapid heart beat though. I wake up with pain and pressure in the middle of the night. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi - yes I have. It's actually 25 years since I was diagnosed with WPW! And 20 years since I've been completely cured of it, at a time when very little was known about it. What medication are you on and has your dr suggested the catheter ablation operation? I had this done and been right as rain since. Pain , pressure, palpitations are all symptoms. So don't worry. But you need to be sure that your dr is offering all possible options to ensure you are symptom free if possible. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for taking your time out to respond! I am happy to hear the catheter ablation worked for you! My doctor thinks my symptoms could be caused by inflammation. He put me on Pantoprazole 40mg along with ibuprofen. My test results showed that I do have wpw. At times I feel pressure like someone is sitting on my chest. Did your symptoms worsen for you to go through with the catheter ablation or after time did you get fed up with the symptoms? My doctor did mention that they were getting someone this summer who could do catheter ablations.
    • Posted

Hi, I recall that I was losing weight fast due to the effects of the palpitations and the vomiting which came after an attack. My dr also felt it wasn't good for me to be on meds all of my life. I do hope your dr puts you forward for this op. You will never look back and it will improve your quality of life! Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.