WPW - how to self correct rapid heart beats, what worked for me and looking for suggestions.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I have been getting racing heart rate spirts lasting anywhere from seconds to hours. Usually only when I drink and smoke cigarettes. Seems like it is tied to dehydration, and possibly stress. I've tried multiple techniques to stop the rapid heart rate. One I found to work quite well is to lay flat down on my chest, lift my self up about a foot above the floor, then let go and drop suddenly to the floor. It may sound weird, but it slows my rate right back down. Does anyone else have tips/tricks with dealing with this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have a similar experience to you, Alcohol, Dehydration and stress all make it likely ill have an episode. Along with sudden postural changes at times.

I'll try your method next time I have an episode 😂

But what i find works best for me is putting my back against a wall and suddenly squatting all the way down. Gets it everytime, Not necessarily first time but eventually it always works. o

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.