Wrinkled Fingertips and a bit of a moan

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've noticed recently that my fingertips have been wrinkled for quite a while, they look like my hands have been in water when they haven't if you know what I mean.

Today I noticed that one of the tops of my index fingers looks blue, like I've got ink on it, except I don't have ink on it and it won't rub off. I Googled wrinkled blue fingers and it looks like Reynauds. Is this something that can start with mono symptoms, has anyone else on this forum developed this symptom too?

I'm so fed up. I've been on HRT for a month now and started to feel better within a few days of taking my first few tablets, however when I look at myself in the mirror I look dreadful. My face has aged about ten years in two years and now my hands and fingers are all wrinkled. I'm 44 but look 64, I've never felt more ugly and unattractive in my life, starting to feel depressed now 😦

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire! YUP! I have the wrinkley finger tips too. My nails also have vertical ridges and look much older than my 41 years. I developed Raynauds last winter 2017...right around when my periods went crazy...along with everything else. If I hold cold stuff, my fingers freeze, then turn colors and feel prickly when the blood returns. I get it in my feet too. I have read that sometimes it can be primary or secondary. secondary is usually in conjuction with an auto immune disorder and can be worse. primary means you just have it...no other medical readon why.

• Posted

Thanks Lou, thats reassuring to know. I read that it can happen during menopause or after the birth of a child. I told my other half I think I have Reynauds and he just said "oh something else is wrong with you now". He admits my fingers are blue but still thinks I'm a hyperchondriac. Grr men, if he felt half as bad as I have over the last two years he wouldn't have gotten out of bed.

I'll show the doctor when I go for my HRT review, just to be on the safe side x

• Posted

I also read it can be a migraine thing too...I battle migraines, so maybe...but of course all of it since peri. My dr was not concerned...my feet were blue and numb in his office and he didn't give it a thought. I had already been checked for auto immune issues. Ha, ha,...I think my hubby is waiting for the day I grow another limb, or my head falls off...would not surprise him 😃

• Posted

Hi Claire

I haven't experienced the same thing I'm sorry, but sure others will share. You may want to check on the mono pages too. I feel your pain about how you look though, I'm 43 and feel like I look wretched. Just look really tired and droopy lol. I'm sure we just feel like this.... Noone is stopping me in the street and offering to carry my shopping 😃 I think we just have to try to be our own best friend, relax, take care of ourselves and the rest will follow.... If not, maybe someone will carry my shopping or offer to help me across the street, may be the only perk!! Chin up xx

• Posted

Hi Claire.

I SO identify with everything you say. Have never had the blue fingertips...but have noticed my fingertips have become deflated, flat and wrinkled for ages. I used to quite like my hands, and always make sure my nails are painted etc...so this was one if the first signs of ageing I noticed.

For me, it's like, all the plumpness has gone from my body, in every area! I mean, I've got fatter in meno

• but not in the right places. The youthful plumpness has all gone from my face, my bum and my nether regions (:))...and even my fingertips.Menopause and lack of hormones has sucked all the youth from my body and left me this wrinkled, dried up old prune, but still with a fat tummy and thighs. I too get depressed looking in the mirror and feel so old and ugly. All the creams and makeup in the world can't do anything and I seem to spend ages trying to make myself look better. I feel like I have to practice not having a 'resting' face and always try to smile or I look like I am about to murder someone. It's exhausting, this getting old!!! Thankfully my wonderful husband seems to have misty goggles on when it comes to me, and is always there to boost me up and tell me I am still gorgeous 😄
    • Posted

ha,ha Lesley! My hubby says the same. I told him he needs eye surgery! Thankfully they still find us appealing...god only knows why 😉

• Posted

Lesley your comment about a resting face made me laugh. I've always had RBF (resting b***h face) but now its so much worse i look angry and haggerred now! I'm sure people are afraid to approach me LOL x

• Posted

Hi Claire.

I SO identify with everything you say. Have never had the blue fingertips...but have noticed my fingertips have become deflated, flat and wrinkled for ages. I used to quite like my hands, and always make sure my nails are painted etc...so this was one if the first signs of ageing I noticed.

For me, it's like, all the plumpness has gone from my body, in every area! I mean, I've got fatter in meno

• but not in the right places. The youthful plumpness has all gone from my face, my bum and my nether regions ...and even my fingertips.Menopause and lack of hormones has sucked all the youth from my body and left me this wrinkled, dried up old prune, but still with a fat tummy and thighs. I too get depressed looking in the mirror and feel so old and ugly. All the creams and makeup in the world can't do anything and I seem to spend ages trying to make myself look better. I feel like I have to practice not having a 'resting' face and always try to smile or I look like I am about to murder someone. It's exhausting, this getting old!!! Thankfully my wonderful husband seems to have misty goggles on when it comes to me, and is always there to boost me up and tell me I am still gorgeous 😄
  • Posted

I think that the way we feel reflects the way we look! Try not to think so much about and take care of yourself! All my friends don't see any difference at me but I was obsessed with how I look and if my appearance is changed. A lot of things are in our mind I think!

• Posted

You may be right. My partner says I don't look any different but I'm convinced I do. I scrutinize my face every morning when I look in the mirror. Maybe I am being too hard on myself. There is so much pressure on women in these days about appearance, its difficult not to be. x

• Posted

Claire don't do it to yourself! I can absolutely relate! I was obsessed with my body and my face two years ago! I am an athlete and have always a very healthy lifestyle. My early meno was a nightmare for me at first! Now I feel and look normal I guess! Nobody can understand that I am on meno! My friends actually say the opposite! That I look more calm and better than before! A lot of things are in our mind! Age and bad psychology age us and not meno! Take care! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.