wrist brace

Posted , 4 users are following.

is it ok to wear a wrist brace on a long term basis like 24/7

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely check this out with a medically qualified person. I would have thought that it would be a bad idea because the lack of mobility would lead to more problems but you may have extenuating circumstances.
  • Posted

Hi it all depends on who gave you the wrist brace and what reason it was given and what were there initial instructions as to when and for how long you should wear it
  • Posted

My daughter wears a plastic splint its moulded to her hand i have to physicly pull it apart for her to get her hand in it, she said it stops a bone clicking in and out (she has a right distal radius fracture and its been reset wrong) , she still has alot of pain but can cope for now, she takes it off dor bed but is awake on n off in pain, shes been told she can wear a hospital issued ione for bed but without the metal bit in ( dunno if thats any help ) x
    • Posted

louise thats very helpful.  I have one of those with a removable metal  bit so I'll try taking it out at night it will still give some support

• Posted

I have had wrist surgery on both my wrist in the last couple of years for a tfcc injury and severed ligiments. I wear a very flexible wrap on my wrists at night for support and also to remind me to not clutch my blanket or my "huggy" pillow. I started to do this after I realized that was what was causing a lot of my pain. I ran it by my Ortho. and he thought it was a great idea. The challange for me is to ease the pain without compormising mobility. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.