Wrist Injury, can't bend hand backwards

Posted , 3 users are following.

I once fell and landed on my wrist, after which it was swollen and very painful for about a day or two, afterwards I couldn't bend my hand backwards, every other function of my hand remained though. I went to seek professional help about my problem, and got an xray scan both before and after having a cast for about a month with no visible fractures or dislocation.

Then I was suggested to go on a rehabilitation therapy of some kind, which did not solve my issue, and I was told that there's nothing else they can do due to a lack of resources.

As far as my hand is concerned now, I have had no pain or any inability to perform my daily duties, however, if I try to bend my hand backwards, or do a push-up lets say, it will start hurting at the wrist area as if my hand were blocked from bending backwards by something, and if I try to do it for longer, it will become sore for a minute or two.

So I guess my question is, what could the cause be here?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi.

Just a question. Why did they put it in a cast if there was no fracture or dislocation?

I hurt my wrist lifting weight, and had extreme pain for weeks. now, 3 years layer, it's still stiff and sore, particularly when bent backwards. It also have limited range of motion. I have a small piece of broken cartilage in my wrist. Maybe you have this? Did you ever have an MRI?

'Melissa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.