wrist pain for over a year

Posted , 6 users are following.

so about a year ago, I was in martial arts doing a competition where I hurt my wrist. That day, I didn't have any gear because I had forgot it so I was forced to fight without any protection. While fighting I was kicked on my wrist many times. Any the fight, My wrist was sort of swollen but I never got it checked out because I felt like it was nothing major.

After that, I noticed I couldn't put any weight on it or else my wrist would start hurting, I cant do push-ups anymore due to it starting to hurt & sometimes I can't even push a door open because my wrist will start hurting. Should i get it checked out?  What do you guys think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You should have got it checked out when you first did it. However hindsight is a wonderful thing!! If I was you I would definitely get it checked out now, you don’t want to risk any long term damage. 

Good luck

• Posted

After waiting a year to allow your wrist to fix itself and heal...…..it hasn't.  If you are happy not being able to open a door without pain then leave it as is and do nothing more than you have.  If you are asking this forum to give you permission to take care of yourself.  You don't need our permission.   You need to feel that you are worthy of being pain free.  I think you are worthy and need to have it checked.  You taking action on this is way overdue and you need to think about why you have waited so long.

• Posted

If your wrist hurts,there's something wrong with it ,get it checked out,it could get worse leaving it like that......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.