Wrist pain that stopped and then came back, whats wrong?

Posted , 2 users are following.

A few weeks ago i began to feel pain in the ulnar side of my wrist, mostly pain to the touch on the edge of my hand where the hand and forearm meet and when i leaned/put pressure on the rest of my hand. No swelling or bruising but slight tingling in my pinkie and if i moved my hand the wrong way i would get shooting pains up the rest of my arm. I carried on like this for a few days and then the pain kinda dulled,but i would still get sharp pains if i leaned on it weird. Now two weeks later i woke up this morning and it hurt just as it was in the beginning with pain to touch and with pressure, even typing right now on my phone is giving slight pain. i dont specifically remember doing anything to it except possibly hitting my hand on a railing pretty hard, but even that didnt exactly hurt in the moment knowing me im just forgetting what i did but I really dont know if i should worry and go get it x rayed or just leave it be, im just slightly confused as to why the pain just came back.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds like some damage after hitting your hand. An x ray would be a good start but it depends on which part of your wrist has been damaged. it could be nerve compression, but it could be the tiny bones have impacted. You can try taking anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen for several days and see if it helps,but you may need professional treatment like a splint.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.