Wrist tendonitis surgery?? (4th dorsal compartment)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any of my friends out there have wrist tendonitis surgery in the 4th dorsal compartment? Basiclly on top of the wrist. It was a suggestion of steps if the PT doesnt work. Im having a hard time finding information about it other than De Quervain’s. 

Just curious about your recovery time? Did it work? And any other information you would like to share.

Thanks for reading

jw

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have avoided surgery by treating withnPT and 

RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)

Rest, ice, compression, and elevation. A first-aid treatment for sprains and strains.

i am on a cane and walker at the moment really causing the wrist pain. So wearing wrist brace helps a lot even sleep with it until I no longer need the cane .

• Posted

I had severe carpal tunnel years ago and eventually after not responding to any treatments, had surgery done on both wrists at once. (I insisted on both at once). The first 24 hours was difficult to move the fingers but on hte next day I could move my fingers and it healed really well - each day was a progression. It wasn't very painful and I was back to normal within a couple of weeks. That was 20 years ago and I only just started to have a few issues again in the past couple of years. If you have the surgery, don't leave it too long like I did because I lost feeling in the tips of my fingers from nerve damage, (something they don't often tell you about until it's too late.). If you've tried everything else, the surgery works. Hope that helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.