wrong antibiotics given?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive had for 3 weeks now what felt like a UTI, tried all sorts or home remedies ,i tried home remedies that helped but then it would come back again, i took in a urine sample which was sent off to the path lab and it came back no infection, another week and no better so i see gp who took yet another urine sample and also took two vaginal or neck of womb swabs, i get a message from gp staff to say swab test results came back and i need to collect antibiotics from chemist, im thinking must have some infection then in that area, but what i was given was Amoxicillin and these are for a UTI nothing else so im confused now, A swab isn't a urine test is it? Ive taken some antibiotics today and will tomorrow but im worried ive been given wrong type, guess ill have to ring gp all over again now. Amoxicillin can actually leave one with thrush which is the last thing i need, im taking probiotics atm too.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Antibiotics do not always work. When they do its temporary, and they have to clear the issue other wise the infections grow back. Antibiotics are not good for health and the heart. This is why doctors usually do not like dishing out antibiotics. I suggest you try a get a stronger prescribed antibiotics, but as i said the drug has to clear the infection otherwise, it grows back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.