Wrong diansosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is not prostatitis which most doctors would tell you. It's actually interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor dysfunction. Once your whole urinary tract gets infected, including your prostate, but also your bladder and urethra since it obviously leads to the prostate and the bladder is just above the prostate, then a bacteria can embed itself and antibiotics are no use. Also your pelvic floor supports all these organs with two layers of muscles. I had to urinate too all the time and it drove me up the wall and nearly made me completely suicidal as I could no longer function anymore as I had a good career and everything before. It came to the point where I had surgery. It's called Interstim, a pacemaker for the bladder and your lower urinary tract as well including the muscles in your pelvic floor. It controls them through mild electrical impulses through a device in your lower back that sends signals back and forth from all these nerves to your brain vica versa so you urinate properly again and start living a normal, happy life again. I know that you are absolutely miserable. Honestly, I didn't care about the pain which the device also took away but was mostly concerned with the urge to urinate since it is a very essential basic function and can be devastating when it no longer works right. The urologists will try all sorts of other methods like injections, physical therapy, and others which I did in these years to no avail. My honest opinion is that when you have symptoms like these then this surgery is the only way to go instead of continuing to suffer. It's called Interstim by Medtronic, you can message me about it. Have a great holiday friend.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

what thread were you responding to?

• Posted

I thought I was responding to a different thread but the fact that I had some replies makes me very happy and if you need help in this area we can definitely talk about it. Sincerely, George.

• Posted

Hello:

Where did you get the Interstim procedure performed, how much did it cost and how long has this treatment been in existence? This is the first I've heard of it.

Thanks,

Vern

• Posted

I live in NYC so I did it at Long Island Jewish Hospital/Northwell Health under Dr. Robert Moldwin. The surgery went great with some few bumps in the road of course since it is in the end surgery. He even accepts Medicaid since I wasn't able to work. He has performed hundreds of these and I have had a good rep who always gets back to me quick no matter what. You need an experienced doctor to do this as mine found that my sacral nerves weren't correctly and adjusted them so that now I am leak and frequency/urgency free as also the pain has gone away in all places which I pretty much had all over. Check out Interstim by Medtronic as it even can take away bowel incontinence so it should take care of your urination problem. This has completely changed my life as I am now planning on continuing my career. My problems were indeed severe as I had a constant urge to urinate that drove me up the wall and left me feeling suicidal. You can message me anytime as I really want to spread the word about this therapy and when and where you should have it done. Wishing you good health friend.

• Posted

I did the one week trial of the stim therapy, had the temporary implant on my back and it moved muscles but no better urination results. I didnt want to get the official implant if it was not going to 100 percent work. Did you find further improvement after a week or was it right away? I am presently self cathing ( CIC) multiple times a day. Just wondering if I should revisit this idea.

• Posted

It really depends as you saw in my last post about the quality of the doctor. It is a minor surgery but very complex in terms of the right nerves it needs to hit. Don't give up and give it a second try. Self cathing is very hard and it is no way to live as you deserve much better. Where do you live? I will look for good doctors in the area that do this procedure. I had a two week trial and saw some improvements and was told Stage 2 works even better which it does so just do it because you really have nothing to lose. There are several programs for different problems like retention and/or frequency. Feel free to message me.

• Posted

I'm in Arizona. It is very hard to find a good urologist here. I had a Urolyft that did not work and actually penetrated the bladder. The Doctor said" but the channel is open" but doesn't work not even a leak. Then my bladder is not responsive. CIC works but is not what I want as a final solution. ( at least I am alive and don't explode) Ive been told many different things about my condition even a neurologist says they cant help since no nerve damage is seen in the spine. Any ideas are appreciated.

• Posted

Robert, i live in Arizona as well. Can you tell me the name of the doctor that did your Urolift?

• Posted

arizona state urology

Dr. Yunan ( Mark) Hong

he is no longer there / He changed his story and said I was not a prime candidate for this proceedure after the urolift didnt work. another doctor( Borhan) found the staples in my bladder , and wanted to do a Turp to remove them. Another doc told me that would not fix my problem. Been to many doctors. no consensus.

• Posted

Hey Robert and Vernon, I read your comments I really cannot say that my procedure is completely perfect as I had so many symptoms that it is really impossible to take them all away. As far as neurology goes I don't have any types of problems of there, but the interstim works between the bladder and the brain to calm that area down there. With interstim if a certain amount of improvement is seen then they go ahead with the permanent implant that works even better than the test. It sounds like your situations are more complicated than mine and my heart truly goes out to you both. Thank god I didn't have to do something very invasive in my bladder and this actually saved from doing so and since I can function better and go back to work I am very thankful for that. You both have nothing to lose as it will calm down symptoms like frequency, urgency, leaking, retention, and pelvic pain. It really is an amazing device as I have mentioned that it even helps people with fecal leakage so think of the strength it must have since it can control muscles since the nerves it affects goes down to those areas too where I also had a problem. My diagnosis was interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor dysfunction. Can you both tell me what you were both officially diagnosed with so I can look into it and see if interstim can possibly work? It has about a 90 percent success rate so only one in ten will be unlucky with it so please let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.