Wrong lense

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had surgery done on my left eye on feb 20. I was told I would need glasses for reading. It seems its the opposite I can see upclose but my vision distance is blurry. My doctor told me to wait until Im finished with the drops. Im scheduled for my other eye to be done on Wednesday. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rob, what type of surgery did you have?

• Posted

If you can see at one distance well in my opinion it isn't the drops as that would make all your distances blurry and not consistently blurry.

Did you and your surgeon discuss targets? At what distance does vision start to blur?

I would recommend holding off on 2nd surgery for at least 4 to 6 weeks. Longer if possible . You'll want to see where that eye settles so that any adjustments needed can be made to power calculation in 2nd eye. Especially if both were targeted for best distance. If target is really off for first surgery and 2nd eye is targeted for distance this might be problematic if there is too great a distance between your eyes. Some would be ideal (1 diopter) so you'd get more range but much more than that could give you depth perception issues and double vision.

• Posted

The day after the surgery I could see alot better at a distance. It seemed to get worse a day or two after.

• Posted

your drop Regiment should almost be done. It would be good if you could delay other surgery to see where this eye wound up. you mentioned surgery Feb 20 and since 2nd day you only see close up it doesn't look like the distance target was achieved. You'll still end up with decent usable vision if 2nd eye targeted to complement that.

• Posted

She told me to see where we are after we get done with the second eye. She did mention since I'm so nearsighted it is hard to hit the right calculation. I did have a retina detachment in that eye a year ago and that is what caused the cataract

• Posted

just my opinion Rob but all the more reason to wait till drops in first eye are done with so that any adjustment needed to power calculation to best complement this eye can be made.

• Posted

My case is different but remember this is not exact science and it may take a long time for eyes to adapt to lenses and heal, each eye is different and no only the eye but also the capsule needs to heal and adapt.This what is happening to me....

I also had cataract surgery and have macular degeneration...My left eye was done on February 12, first surgery of the day was almost fine in one week. I am no longer as far sighted and need glasses to read a book. The doctor used lenses for astigmatism and said I would need no glasses...The other eye, the right eye not so. My surgery was January 8, middle of the morning (did that matter?) Anyway until this month I have been seeing graffiti instead of words when I read. The surgeon says its because of the macular disease and the retina doctor says my retina is fine but the photo receptors may be fading although he cannot test this. I remembered that dry eye can do this so I have been using wetting drops and I think something may be happening. Now I do not see that dark thing like a lens I was seeing and my far vision is better, fluorescent light bothers me a little and my vision on that eye is somewhat blurry but improved. Why this eye is taking so long to heal, no idea. I am going to wait another month until I am sure before I try anything, I also wonder if the lens is correct or if the shaoe of my eye has to adapt to a new astigmatism lens....

• Posted

rob wondering how you are doing now? Did you do the second eye?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.