Wrong results!

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 9 months ago I had a blood test after some health concerns. The day after I was told by my very concerned dr to get to hospital quickly. There , I was told my blood tests had shown I had bone marrow cancer and the results were the same as someone having chemo. They took another blood test but this time put the blood directly into a jar with some type of coloured liquid into it. That result came back clear. There was nothing wrong with my blood and the dr released me without explanation other than sometimes blood tests are wrong ( the first one ) . I've had several since and all have thrown different results. Can anyone help me to understand how they can be so wrong? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's possible they mixed your test results up with someone else's. 

• Posted

Agreed..  they just mixed your blood up with someone elses.  That actually happened to me before.  About 10 years ago, I unfortunatly used drugs and I ended up going to the hospital asking for help and to go to rehab.  Well they tested my blood for which drugs were in my system and it came up that I was clean!!  I said there was no possible way and demanded to retest my blood, that there must have been some kind of mix up.  They did.. and I got the results I knew they would be all along.  So, don't worry about it.. mistakes happen, as they are people like us and very busy at that. 

• Posted

Which is all understandable except that the last five blood tests have thrown up cancer. I've been tested for ovarian, cervical, blood, bone cancer. Now they want to throw a microscope down my throat to look for stomach cancer and or unexplained bleeding internally. 

The only blood test that cleared me was the one with the liquid in the jar. Every other test has shown cancer but they can't find it. 

• Posted

Oh.. I see the whole picture now..  Sorry, I just assumed it was a mix up by the way your post was written.  Well, I can't be of much help.  Now knowing that you had 5 test that indicate cancer, is quite concerning.  Can I ask, what test were done?  I did not know there are blood test that give a cancer diagnosis?  Thank you..

• Posted

I'm sorry if I wasent clear with my post. 

The tests I've had are blood tests,scans, X-rays and more blood tests. They look for different things with coloured vials, I don't really understand much myself to be honest, but I'm assured each colour looks for very specific things cancer related. 

• Posted

There is one test that will determine any marrow cancer and that is a Bone Marrow Biopsy. They could do a BMB and tell if anything at all is abnormal with the marrow. BMB is the only true Marrow test that would definitely clear up any confusions.
    • Posted

They have decided in the last few days to send me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same appointment in a week as my cancer markers have shot up again so that's the next plan of action. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.