WTF is going on in this forum?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I came off here a while ago because I was getting angry from some of the posts. I know everyone has their own problems & I do believe everyone should feel free to express them but there are people on here suffering from painful situations such as abuse, suicide, bereavement & have been battling depression for years etc so posts about having too much homework or not enjoying school or posts that have absolutely nothing to do with depression whatsover or people that insist on writing about how every aspect of their life is great but they have 'sad days' made me realise it's best if I just don't reply at all.

I've also seen some absolutely DISGUSTING replies including 1 user telling another user to 'just kill themselves' honestly how much of a cxnt do you have to be write something like that when someone is going through complete hell.

I can see morale is low on here now & this site is not what it used to be so please feel free to private message me if you need someone to talk to or for someone just to listen.

5 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yasmine

I never read any other peoples replies, I only answer questions so what I suggest are my own recommendations.

That is how I have done this sort of site now for quite a long time. Personally I have not answered any of your contributions in a negative fashion.

However I can suggest if you need to talk pm me and will try and help you or even just for a chat, great.

I personally have not noticed any negative vibes, all I can suggest if upset press report this and explain any problems or upset you have

Keep well

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob,

Maybe I should do the same, I tend to read others replies as I sometines find helpful advice that I can relate to.

You have definitely been one of the most kind & helpful whenever I have posted & I really do appreciate all of your advice.

Thank you, I hope you too feel you can message me anytime.

• Posted

Thank you Yasmine it is lovely to feel wanted

Always here for you if needed

BOB

• Posted

Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from yasmine333 and it's the same on a lot of sites regarding depression. You have people who just feel depressed and then you have people diagnosed with depression. Often the site makes no distinction so you will see all kinds of posts. But to me the thing is - yes, someone might be feeling low due to too much homework or maybe loneliness etc, but what you can't see is the depth of that despair. What you can't see is the persons whole life and how it's effecting them. You can't feel the depth of their suffering but it's there, that's why they've decided to post on this site. Anyway, that's how I try to look at it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.