X

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have consultation in the morning for my new therapy. Although this is a new therapy I feel like I’ve been here and done that ? What if I’m committing to something yet again that only gives/promises yet more false hope? 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dondons. This is how I feel about that anything that I have ever done to help myself I have learned something. Every time. And I just take it one step at a time. I'm not commiting for the rest of my life. What about you? Diane

• Posted

You seem to be better, i have read your posts before.

i am on a taper from mirtazapine and psych said do cbt.  I have had two years of it, three different therapists and  - nothing.

cant get rid of anxiety and i feel totally helpless.

need some expert advice.  Anyone found anything that works for serious anxiety?

• Posted

Hi Ann - it's such a complex field and there is no one-size fits all approach, though medical scientists are constantly working on it. The latest hope is in Ketamine -  known as Special K to the drug world -  its a horse tranquilizer that has been tested on depression patients. The results are promising - up to an 80% improvement in sufferers after just one injection, an improvement that lasts for some time before another injection is required.  It will take another several years of testing before something is available. 

• Posted

I am hoping that this will come soon as i am losing hope when all these pharmaceuticals dont work.  I wonder where they are tesring it.
    • Posted

Hi again Ann - i'm in Australia and we have a organisation called the Black Dog Institute which deals with depression, youth suicide, and living with mental health disorders. They have been trialing Ketamine here since mid 2016. The trial will continue for 3 years at which stage findings will be presented and a decision will be made as to whether this drug is safe, effective, beneficial to the user, and exceeds the contemporary standard of treatment. The other benefit to Ketamine is that the effect is virtually instant and is purported to last months before another dose is required. Some side effects are those that are attractive to recreational drug users - out-of-body experiences,  hallucinations and dreams. It will quite some time before we see any meds of this nature - the long term effects of of Ketamine are unknown. 

• Posted

Hi, you need to try your new therapy first. You'll never know what helps you unless you try it.

• Posted

Ignore my post and talk amongst yourselves 
    • Posted

Hi Dondons

So how did your consultation go? Good I hope, do they give you a start date or do you have to wait and see if you are suitable and accepted? What sort of therapy are they offering you? I am interested.

i have started new group therapy two weeks in, trying hard but concentration understanding and having the confidence is very hard but got to persevere to be able to stay on this planet. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.