X rays

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

Does cervical spondylosis always show up on x rays?

Karen x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI,

U be better with an MRI scan. It showed mine up ok

Good luck

Tony

• Posted

Ask for an MRI, Xrays do not fully show it up but MRI's do.

Regards

Tony

• Posted

Hiya Karen, smile

An ordinary x-ray showed I had arthritis, an MRI scan also showed I had spinal stenosis, and compression on my spine.

Cervical Spondylosis (Osteoarthritis) is a very broad based diagnosis, and an MRI scan is needed to establish/ dimiss all possible problems.

Have you had an x-ray on your neck?

Emxx

• Posted

Thanks for your replies.

I was told about 8 years ago I had neck dystonia based on my symptoms and whenever my neck was bad I took diclofenac for a couple of weeks and did the exercises the physio gave me and then my neck would be ok for ages again. But since Oct 09, my neck has been sore and the pain radiates all around my right shoulder and down my right arm as far as my wrist. I went to my GP about 4 weeks ago (I was just getting on with it) because the pain was just too bad. She sent me for x rays which were normal and then checked my bloods which were normal and said to just continue with the diclofenac and she would refer me to physio because the physio would be able to assess and diagnose! I went to another GP who switched me to indomethacin and basically scratched his head and said my pain 'doesn't fit with anything'!

I'm still waiting for a physio appointment and I'm back at the GP later today .... what for I don't know because they don't help!!

My mum has cervical spondylosis and tells me the pain I describe is exactly the same as hers but I'm at my wits end and just want the pain to stop!

Oh .... and the GP says depression can cause pain and my mood seems low!!! I feel like grabbing him and screaming in his face that my mood is low because I'm in pain!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.