x2 ablations for SVT and now on frequent 2nd degree heart block

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Brief history: 33 year old female, had two previous ablations for SVT, last ablation was 18 months ago. Since then had one hospital admission for SVT 8 months ago. Since the last ablation I have felt what I would describe "missed beats" they didn't bother me so kinda ignored it. Over the past three months these have become more persistent and I now how symptoms of extreme tiredness, palpitations, dizziness (almost feel like I'm going to pass out) and chest pain. I have had x2 72ecg monitors both revealing long episodes of wenkebach. I have managed to capture many episodes using an ALivecor device too which shows wenkeback and mobitz 2 second degree heart block. The cardiologist is worried about the frequent runs of this (sometimes it goes on for hours upon hours). The episodes are so frequent it's a daily or every other day occurrence . The fact I now have symptoms worries me. I am not on any medications at present. Is there any other treatment than a pacemaker? Does anyone have a similar story?? Intrigued to know what others have been through. I have a cardiac MRI tomorrow and consultant appointment on Monday to find out what the plan is!! I can't go on like this I know that much!! I would appreciate your thoughts!! smile 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did they try beta blockers?
    • Posted

Was on beta blockers but I have been taken off them because of the heart block.....
  • Posted

I had an ablation for VT last April.

Whilst my heart feels like its being poked and squeezed somewhat, I wouldn't describe it as chest pain, but I certainly get all your other symptoms, I feel like I am on the verge of mad cow disease such is my dizziness and brain fog.   I only feel ok when lying in bed now.

As for my palpitations, click on the little box below to see what my heart beat looks like, I see my heart stops momentarily to reset itself, but never heard the term Wenckebach.

I attribute my symptoms to be Autonomic Instability brought on by Beta Blockers as the day I started taking them, was the day my symptoms arrived, and they have remained for the ten months since I last took a beta blocker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.