XANEX AND SEROQUEL WITHDRAWL HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

I dont know if im on the right thread,anyways i take 0.25mg of xanex and 100mg of seroquel (quatipenine ) i lost then both my pills) Last night i took a seroquel i found random only 1 and went without xanex.I am very nervous cause now tonight ill have to go without both.I want to QUIT both of them.my question is it safe to quit cold turkey like this or slowly tamper down.also am i going to have a seizure or heart attack....im scared any help please ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaitlinb24 - it is best to taper off from meds. Are you still in contact with your doctor? Don't be scared about your predicament. See a doc and explain what's going on and how you want to quit the meds. 

• Posted

hi kaitlin!

there have been times in my life where i couldn't find my meds, or ran out because i forgot to get them refilled...i am very familiar with your panic. i always thought i was going to have a stoke or seizure. i always leave a "back up stash" in my room somewhere for emergencies like this. but when i'm completely out, i try to reach my doctor and ask him what to do. if i can't reach him, i'll call my pharmacy and ask about withdrawls. sometimes the pharmacist gives me a handful of meds to get me through until i get another prescription. it's never a good idea to stop your meds overnight, but it's been done. fortunately, you are on very low doses of both medications. i think the worst you'll experience is some anxiety or hand shaking. i can't be sure because everyone goes through withdrawals differently. but you shouldn't ever plan to stop taking meds without a consult from your doctor. if you really want to stop taking them, always do that with his advice. but for now call him or your pharmacy, you shouldn't really wait and see. don't feel like you're bothering them, they go through this with other patients...you're not alone. since a whole day hasn't gone by yet, you should be safe. but definately get this taken care of now. you've still got a little time left. good luck!

from laura

• Posted

I went withdrawal myself a few months ago from an antidepressant i was on...venlafaxine..I will never forget it.I was o n 75mls and put on 3 stone on it.I thought enough is enough and just stopped it.I was so sick and the headaches were awful.I went to lie down and see would it pass but I felt like you would when your very drunk,the room was spinning.I hope I dont scare you,but my daughter rang the doc and he told my daughter to give me the venlafaxine,and I was then Weaned off by the doctor...I wouldnt suggest you stop suddenly,you will feel awful...hope this helps, and your ok .take care.
  • Posted

Never go cold turkey....you need to talk with a medical professional....asap. Certain drugs have caused adverse reactions when you try to stop..... it's what your body gets used to and some withdrawals have put people in the Emergency Rooms as it does if you take too many ...if the heart doesn't stop first.Call your local ER...or a doctor on call from your doctor office....you need sound, professional medical help; not tomorrow but Now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.