Xarelto or Plavix for blood clot & PE?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on warfain for 10 years.I home test my levels.

With new drugs out. Many of my doctors suggest Xarelto or Plavix

I had 2 clots in my calf in 2010

Then a PE in 2013

So, blood thinners for life.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The new ones, Xarelto, Eliquis, etc, all had awful side effects for me (aches, pain, fatigue). I went back to warfarin. If it's not broke, don't fix it I would think. The newer ones are easier, however (if you feel decent on them).

• Posted

I am on Xarelto and have never had any side effects. Plavix literally took my breath away. . .I had extreme difficulty with any type of movement.

• Posted

i had DVT & multiple PE in 2003 & the multiple PE in 2015 - warfarin worked the first time but not second so I'm on Rivaoxaban for life now too. Thought i might get a reprieve after so many years but nope

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.