Xenical Newbie 😊

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi!!

My name is Grace, I'm 30 and single mother to a beautiful 18 month old boy. Having struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, my doctor has just prescribed me with Xenical.

I started taking the tablets today and obviously no side effects to report 😂 I'm just looking for a bit of advice/info from people who have taken it before or other people who are starting to take it and we can discuss how we're getting on!!

I'm 5ft9 and 15st12lbs. BMI 32.

Feel free to reply with tips/questions, anything Xenical related!! I'd really appreciate it 😊

Grace Xx

2 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for all your positive replies. It is great not to feel alone. At this point, I'm too scared to tell any friends about it as I'm sure they've heard it all before now. Numerous weight loss attempts that not I can even recall the amount of times. But likeep you Cath, it'll be an early grave if I can't get it together now!

I'm going to get up and take one very shortly. Did anyone notice it had effects from bad eating the day before. I had some ice cream last night and not the best of teas, so I'm wondering if it will cause effects today?

Thanks smile

• Posted

I'm waiting for side effects because I think I went over my fat limit today 🙈 Hopefully I survive work tomorrow with no embarrassing moments!!

That's exactly why I'm loving this page, I think people will just roll their eyes "here she goes again" type thing. I haven't told my friends I'm taking it because I know they'll be full of judgement and have a gossip about it!! People who have never struggled with their weight just don't get it and think losing the weight is a walk in the park!!

So thanks everyone for being helpful and supportive, we got this 😊

• Posted

It takes us roughly 24hrs to digest food properly apparently so if you ate badly tonight be prepared for tomorrow. You quickly learn whether certain foods are worth it or not lol.

I too haven't told many people - just my best mate & my boss (purely in case of side effects!) & the other half knows but 3 weeks in & he hasn't asked once if I've lost any weight!!! He thinks you should just eat less but as my GP said if it was that easy no-one would have any weight issues.

• Posted

Exactly Grace. I know if I told my friends the eye rolls would definnately happen so I guess they can just see the results for themselves - we do have this!

Well, I just took my first one. I like Mondays to be weigh in day so I have weighed today and will weigh in on Monday.

As far as exercise, are you all doing much? I intend on getting my 10,000 steps each day and hoping to put some resistance exercises in there as well over time.

Xx

• Posted

I tried to do 10,000 steps a day but I barely manage 3,000 so I have serious work to do lol. I have bought something similar to a fitbit though to keep a track on it...must make more of an effort.

I'm working tomorrow (I am lucky in that I only work Thurs/Fri) & I'm all prepared - breakfast is home-made healthy banana bread, yoghurt & a banana, lunch is tomato & chilli pasta chock full of veg & dinner is the world's simplest low fat fish pie with more veg! Yummy, low fat & filling...I can't wait!!!! Xx

• Posted

Thanks Cath, I don't think I was too bad but still think I could suffer a bit tomorrow!! But if I do I'm sure I'll learn a lesson from it which is what this is all about!!

I've done simple workouts each day. They're really beginner level but definitely effective!!

If anyone wants to have a go:

https://ot.rte.ie

You pick a leader to follow and you get a meal plan and workout for everyday(with a few rest days thrown in 😉wink. I haven't been following the meal plan but I think I might start on Monday!! Oh and of course it's all free 😬

• Posted

Thanks for that Grace think I'll check that out!

I have a confession - I get a bit obsessed. I tried calorie counting many years ago & I could've recounted the calories in most foods off the top of my head. When I did weight watchers original plan (lost the 7st on it) I could tell you points values of most food/drinks & from looking at the nutritional info could accurately guess the points values! I couldn't once they changed to propoints or the even newer smart points. Once I start exercising I become obsessed with that too, especially on the Wii fit. I have to improve my performance, burn more calories etc with each workout. It's partly why I haven't started up again as I know that mentally its not healthy but it its just how I am unfortunately xx

• Posted

I've been there. It's like the diet consumes you, it's all I could think/talk about at one point which definitely isn't healthy either. As much as I want to lose weight I want to work on my attitude to food even more!!

I haven't used my wii fit in years!! I think I might dig it out it's such a great way to exercise. I can get a bit paranoid being out in public exercising, I feel like people are looking at me because I'm overweight.

Definitely check out operation transformation it's a really healthy plan. I couldn't stay with Slimming world, there was just too much freedom for me!!

• Posted

Do you ladies normally suffer the effects within a few hours, or is it normally 12-24 hours later?

smile xx

• Posted

I've have just started taking this today! I have about 6st I want to loose! hopefully it will work I have tried everything else

• Posted

Good luck... I'm sure you'll do amazing. My first day is down and looking forward to weigh in on Monday!

• Posted

Welcome abieli1!! Hope you can find the support you're looking for here, it's helping me so much already!!

Mummaof3 I only started getting the oil last night so I can't tell if it was from yesterday or the day before 😂 It's not pleasant but no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be!!

• Posted

I think it's hard to tell at times & sometimes its not as bad as you think it might be - I think thats partly why I then kinda pushed it a little bit further & after an entire weekend eating whatever (i.e. the foods that lead me to being overweight in the first place) it was not pretty. Stomach pain, wind, orange oil that stained the toilet and well, I felt I couldn't leave the house for a day as I constantly the toilet cry xx 

• Posted

Do the tablets reduce your appetite also?

I haven't been very hungry today, I had weetabix and a banana for breakfast. My 3 litres of water. I didn't want lunch then I had a small portion of cottage pie and salad for dinner. Follow by some strawberries and natural yogurt.

• Posted

They definitely haven't reduced mine!! If anything I feel hungrier. Did you drink the same amount of water before you started? Because I find the more water I drink the less I eat!!

• Posted

I've read somewhere that some people find they get bloated on them so maybe they are reducing your appetite India2017. I, like Grace, find I want to eat everything & after a really stressful day in work (I work in customer services for a Gov Dept. so mainly get shouted at by frustrated people who like to swear at me plus have a colleague who huffs & puffs down the phone as well as shout down it at his customers) I really wanted a pizza tonight BUT I resisted & had my planned fish pie.

I don't often feel hungry as most of my eating is emotional/stress I can recognise I eat to make myself feel better so I need to do other things instead xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.