Xenical Newbie 😊

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi!!

My name is Grace, I'm 30 and single mother to a beautiful 18 month old boy. Having struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, my doctor has just prescribed me with Xenical.

I started taking the tablets today and obviously no side effects to report 😂 I'm just looking for a bit of advice/info from people who have taken it before or other people who are starting to take it and we can discuss how we're getting on!!

I'm 5ft9 and 15st12lbs. BMI 32.

Feel free to reply with tips/questions, anything Xenical related!! I'd really appreciate it 😊

Grace Xx

2 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

No I didn't use yo drink that much water so it could be that. I've constantly going for a wee too due to the water. I'm going to join slimming world on Tuesday.

I've also been doing daily exercise.

• Posted

Hi I've been on xenical for 6 days and have lost 4 pounds! May not seem like a lot but to me it's amazing that would have taken me 6 months or longer to lose on my own. For a while now I have been on low calorie diet and exercising regularly but I seemed to get stuck! I follow a relatively low fat diet too and the tablets seem to be working for me! Hoping to maintain steady weight loss every week!

• Posted

Sophie that's terrific!! I'd love a similar loss when I weigh in on Monday. Keep up the good work!!

• Posted

Hi all

I hope I get 4lb loss, but blimey can I just say can someone pass me a kite haha, experiencing a lot of wind and stomach cramps and I've been eating all healthy low fat foods I hope this is a sign it's working 😀

• Posted

Apparently Sue if your meal is quite low in fat in total (I think less than 4g) you can experience cramps but then it could also be the tablets getting to work! My first few days were just wind being honest but roundabout day 4 is when it started properly. I had read on here that its wise to wear pads for a while cos the Orange oil could seep out unexpectedly & stain your clothing & I'm soooo pleased I did lol so prepared everyone!!! Xx

• Posted

I could feel my stomach gurgling last night about an hour after lunch I went straight to the loo, yeah I had the orange oil yesterday dunno how everything I'm eating is low fat. your definately correct about the 4 day thing, does the wind go away 🌬

• Posted

I am still a bit windy at times but nowhere near as bad as at the beginning! My stomach still gurgles though lol xx
  • Posted

How's everyone getting on? I'm really struggling to stay on track, always find the weekends hard. I've eaten way too much and feel like I've undone all the work I did during the week. I'm annoyed with myself but I'm not going to dwell on it too much. Tomorrow is another day and I know I won't change the habits of a lifetime overnight.

• Posted

Hi Grace, don't be so tough on yourself. At the end of the day we are all human & creatures if habit. Drastically changing your eating habits like we are is going to take time to adjust properly & at times is likely to be too much & we crack. However providing we pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves down, get back on it & put it behind us we'll be fine. I did exactly the same myself last weekend & still lost 2lbs. So, it might not be that all is lost. Think about it realistically over the whole week & I guarantee that in comparison to how you would have eaten usually you will have made enough changes to yield a result. Don't write yourself off hun xx

• Posted

Went for a weigh in today and I've actually lost 10 pounds! In exactly one week! Absolutely over the moon and I get all the stomach grumblings and wind! So they must be signs of it working! X

• Posted

Blimey that's fantastic Sophie well done 😁 I'm excited to get weighed on Monday I've stuck to low fat no cheats at all, dont wanna risk it with the awful consequences.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reassurance Cath. I'm doing that stupid thing where I eat something I shouldn't then get upset with myself for it so eat something else I shouldn't and so on.. it's really frustrating but I'm get back on track. I'm determined to lose this weight.

Sophie that is absolutely incredible!! Well done!! I'm weighing in on Monday and just want some sort of a loss, anything!!

• Posted

Don't beat yourself up about it what's done is done, tommorow is a new day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.