Xenical - newbie x

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am starting xenical in a couple of days.  I have been prescribed them by my GP as I need to lose close to 4 Stone.

I feel very nervous about starting them, I understand from look on forums that it is wise to follow a low fat diet for a few days before starting the tablets.

When i intitially spoke to my GP he only mentioned concentrating on the fat content and didn't mention anything about calories. Please can you advise the best way forward.

TIA x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrea, 

When I was given them I wasn't told anything about what to eat mine has been trial and error. I know that they can take a few days to work and if stopped taking them the same whilst in your system. I do stick to Low calories and fat. I don't eat anything that's got more than 5g fat per 100 and that works. 

I have had bad days with them and believe me u learn from this. I only semi take them when I'm working as can't risk the accidents. 

I have 3 stone to loose still but have lost 2 already so getting there slowly. 

Good luck 😊

• Posted

Yes very low fat diet and you will be ok ....you'll be very happy with the results good luck x

• Posted

Well this is very safe effective medicine and having less side effects you can able to reduce weight till 3 to 4 kg per month without disturbing your normal diet.
  • Posted

How r u getting on wiv them I've ad Xmas off and am starting again tomorrow x
  • Posted

Well on day 2, I'm eating a low fat diet and so far no side effects. How long does it take to get into your system and any side effects to become apparent? 
  • Posted

Hi Andrea, you need to make sure you watch the calories as well as the fat intake, although fat intake is crucial!! The pills do take a few days to fully take effect but can be anytime between an hour and a couple of days for side effects if you go over the fat amount. Don't eat anything over 5% fat and no more that 15grams per meal.

sounds like a chore reading labels but you'll soon get used to what you can and can't eat. I've been on them since February and have lost over 6 stone so they do work, stick at it and good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.