xiphoid process pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey... so i just found out that below the sterum has a bone called xiphoid process... witch i didnt know it can also cause pain and inflammation. This hole time i have been blaming costocondrits for pain in the center of my and yes i still get pain from costo but this other one is really sore. Buring right below my sternum anyone else have this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes, I have pain in the sternum area too. I know there is a condition that specifically involves the xiphoid process bone called xiphoid syndrome or xiphoidalgia that can cause this pain. But I'm quite sure mine is from the Costo. From what I understand, if the sternum or xiphoid process bone is painful when you touch or press on it, then the pain may be from xiphoid syndrome. I have tried pressing there and it doesn't hurt any more than usual, so I think mine is simply from the Costo, which can cause pain in this area as well.  Well I'm not an expert by any means, but this is what I have learned so far. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.